• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Of course they’ll sell out, the same people on here moaning are the very same that’ll pay inflated prices, happens year after year and it’ll never change.

I reckon the initial batches will sell out same as always but I just can't see that many people paying over £1000 for a GPU this generation. Last gen buying a GPU was like buying a money printing device and that is no longer the case. Also factor in the fact that the price of everything else is going through the roof at the same time and I think Nvidia will be cutting the cost of these GPU's within 6 months of release.

Lol, that settles it. I guess I waited for nothing. Moving to PS5 soon-ish, PC stays for DAW use and web browsing.

Won't pay these ridiculous prices + the cost of a new PSU and energy bills just so I can play a few games that'll look more impressive on the Oled in my bedroom anyways, at a fraction of the price and less heat.

I might upgrade to a used 3070 or 3080 at some point, or anything decently priced that'll run those very few games I still want on PC (so pretty much Tekken 8 only, lol).

I game less and less anyways.

Last edited:
Its a bit shady having a 4080 12gb and 16gb versions, most people on paper will just assume it’s the memory that’s different but it’s a completely different card.
Nvidia have eroded the 80 class high-end value.

If AMD price N31 against the 4080 things start to happen, will that happen I guess we have three weeks to find out....

Lol, that settles it. I guess I waited for nothing. Moving to PS5 soon-ish, PC stays for DAW use and web browsing.

Won't pay these ridiculous prices + the cost of a new PSU and energy bills just so I can play a few games that'll look more impressive on the Oled in my bedroom anyways, at a fraction of the price and less heat.

I might upgrade to a used 3070 or 3080 at some point, or anything decently priced that'll run those very few games I still want on PC (so pretty much Tekken 8 only, lol).

I game less and less anyways.
I bought a Xbox series x two weeks ago, blown away by the graphics and performance, I'm happy not upgrading my pc for a few years now. That's something as a die hard pc gamer looking down at console peasants I thought I would never say.

Don't forget they hinted during their last investors call that the the 4000 series cards will sit alongside the 3000 series cards, at least until their stocks dwindle. This helps to justify the premium price point for the next gen 4000 series cards, whilst reducing old stock/inventory 3000 series cards.. a win for AIB partners but a double win for Nvidia who has created temporary dual product stack that coexists simultaneously and will drive further sales (especially considering those in EU/UK suffering energy price hikes)

A Bump of £280 over the MSRP of the 3090 , i suppose it could have been worse but the Pound isn't exactly in a good place at the minute :rolleyes: Interested to see where the Strix will land pricewise as would like one to replace my 3090 but if its starting from £2000+ will give it a miss and get an FE this time as EK just released pics of the water block and looks a lovely bit of kit.

Especially with the rising cost of living this is just too much. I doubt AMD will massively price cut Nvidia with RDNA3 and will possibly match their prices. I'm happy with my 3070 but I was planning a few new builds for some friends and family members, guess I'll stick with the 3000/6000 series for them.

I want to see benchmarks on the 4090. If it's actually 2X raster over the 3090Ti, it may not be terrible.

4080's are just a hanging curveball for AMD to bat out of the bark if they so choose. It seems Nvidia have way too many 3000 dies they need to sell and they don’t have a good play in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom