• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Prices don't matter if the stock isn't there in the first place. :cry: It'll be interesting to see what the stock levels are like this time around when we aren't in the midst of a pandemic. I'll be keeping my eye on things but can only imagine the AIB cards will be a good chunk over the Founders RRP like the last time...and again will the FE's be ridiculously difficult to obtain for a while again.

I genuinely don't think the prices will stop people, especially those who decided to wait it out past the last generation of cards in that insane market.

Last edited:
If RT isn't your thing (and I will be honest after seeing that crap show from Nvidia today pimping out an old crap game and and even older game with new lighting effects) it shouldn't be, then RDNA3 is going to be excellent.

However ! don't be thinking the big dies will be cheap. That is the problem with everything from Turing and on. The prices to manufacture have shot through the roof, and everything has become tank like for RT. If AMD can produce much smaller dies (which I have heard they are) that clock balls then they could indeed have their "Maxwell moment" though again, it will be on mid range cards akin to the 970 and 980, not the big fat old dies.

I imagine we'll see very impressive RT performance on RDNA 3.

The biggest differentiator between the cards will be image reconstruction tech. Will AMD include additional hardware for this? Will it launch with FSR 3.0? The latter doesn't seem likely as they're only just rolling out 2.1.

If RT isn't your thing (and I will be honest after seeing that crap show from Nvidia today pimping out an old crap game and and even older game with new lighting effects) it shouldn't be, then RDNA3 is going to be excellent.

However ! don't be thinking the big dies will be cheap. That is the problem with everything from Turing and on. The prices to manufacture have shot through the roof, and everything has become tank like for RT. If AMD can produce much smaller dies (which I have heard they are) that clock balls then they could indeed have their "Maxwell moment" though again, it will be on mid range cards akin to the 970 and 980, not the big fat old dies.

Ada was rumored to be 600mm2 for several months now and it was correct.
RDNA3 is rumored to be 500mm2, that's not what I'd call small.

We used to say that under 250mm2 was small, now its 500mm2?

Last edited:
I've watched a bunch of tech journalists talk about these now and not one of them has clocked the "Running DLSS 3" disclaimer on the charts yet, not one has realised that Nvidia have not shown any rasterisation performance, they all think those slides are it.

When you think about that for a minute you realise just how much mindshare Nvidia enjoy with tech journalists. If they can't be trusted to pick up on this stuff when it come to Nvidia what chance do ordinary people have in avoiding being feed contrived BS.

Can only hope AMD come through with copious quantities of cards with competitive performance to save the next generation.

Not that that's actually going to happen :(.

Despite the huge prices it looks like a lot of the supposed benefits will come from ray tracing performance and DLSS 3, which is pretty hard to compare without seeing it in action in different games... Feels a bit premature to expect people to pay a massive premium for this rather untested software technology which may or may not work well with a wide range of games in practice. Also so far I don't think improved ray tracing performance has been a 'must have', its implementation will need to get better for that to be more of a draw for me...

Last edited:
I've watched a bunch of tech journalists talk about these now and not one of them has clocked the "Running DLSS 3" disclaimer on the charts yet, not one has realised that Nvidia have not shown any rasterisation performance, they all think those slides are it.

When you think about that for a minute you realise just how much mindshare Nvidia enjoy with tech journalists. If they can't be trusted to pick up on this stuff when it come to Nvidia what chance do ordinary people have in avoiding being feed contrived BS.

They know, they just want their free Ada sample.

That 4090 Strix design is utterly ridiculous and not in a good way. Would not surprise me if its a 2k card.

Little wonder EVGA 'noped' out of this disaster zone.

There are some YouTubers I watch in a different field. And it’s made me realise how bad some YouTubers are at their supposed “job”, yet can be incredibly popular.

I’m most interested in the MSI liquid cooled option but there’s only a 240 radiator? Thought these cards were super power hungry and hot and would have expected a 360 rad.

Reactions: mof
Back
Top Bottom