• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Allots of gamers like higher FPS, but you lose the IQ, at 1080p/1440p. For me I prefer IQ on an OLED @4K, 120hz again it's just personal preference.:)

Screens smaller so you don't really lose IQ it's called pixel density people generally use 1080p on 24 inch and 1440p on 27 inch maybe get away with 32 inch ,

So for me 1440p with higher FPS my monitor is 240hz I feel strikes good balance and without having to spend more on hardware that can push 4K at high FPS

Last edited:
Allots of gamers like higher FPS, but you lose the IQ, at 1080p/1440p. For me I prefer IQ on an OLED @4K, 120hz again it's just personal preference.:)
Were it not for VR, I wouldn't even be considering an upgrade. I am very happy at 3840 X 1080, and my current equipment is almost overkill for that.

It's my Reverb that makes my equipment struggle in some scenarios.

Screens smaller so you don't really lose IQ it's called pixel density people generally use 1080p on 24 inch and 1440p on 27 inch maybe get away with 32 inch ,

So for me 1440p with higher FPS my monitor is 240hz I feel strikes good balance and without having to spend more on hardware that can push 4K at high FPS
There is a caveat though. Some games that are designed for 4k dont look good on 1440p. Best example is RDR2 where you lose the fidelity on far landscapes below 4k.

There is a caveat though. Some games that are designed for 4k dont look good on 1440p. Best example is RDR2 where you lose the fidelity on far landscapes below 4k.

It's not enough for me wanting 4K on the screen size I play at and the extra money to spend on the hardware to push it I currently use 3080 on 1440p gives good headroom so should be lasting me good while :)

We all have different scenarios. I game on a 13-foot cinema screen via an ultra-high-end 4K cinema projector. Each to their own. For me 4K is very important because the image is absolutely massive and takes up most of your field of view. The 3090 was nearly there in terms of performance, the 4090 will finally play everything maxed out.

I game on my TV aswell, a 77" CX OLED ( 4k 120hz ) , a stunning experience and makes it a hard choice choosing between it and the Asus 27" 1440p 240hz monitor , also use a full atmos 11.1 setup when on the tv :D

Quite a lot of 4K gamers, like myself, tend to use the TV rather than a monitor, so harder to tell from 4K monitor sales I’d think. Not all obviously, but good 4K TV’s are typically cheaper than good 4K monitors.

In fact you’d be pretty hard pressed to buy a non-4K TV these days as that’s what is predominantly for sale here at least.

My point being there will be way more displays (monitor + tv's such as the LG C2 etc) for gaming which the SHS is not capturing. Much more 4k gamers than regular folk believe, and other posters have pointed out - there is no need for 3080's+ if your just gaming at 1080p so the data we are being fed is lagging by a country mile. :)

WCCFTECH has their sample already
Screenshot-20221004-135130.jpg

I game on my TV aswell, a 77" CX OLED ( 4k 120hz ) , a stunning experience and makes it a hard choice choosing between it and the Asus 27" 1440p 240hz monitor , also use a full atmos 11.1 setup when on the tv :D
I think what you game on depends on the game. I play anything where a gamepad can be used on my OLED TV while sitting in my comfy recliner chair. However, if I am playing anything that needs a keyboard and mouse then I am sitting comfortably at an ergonomic desk setup.

Back
Top Bottom