• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I think what you game on depends on the game. I play anything where a gamepad can be used on my OLED TV while sitting in my comfy recliner chair. However, if I am playing anything that needs a keyboard and mouse then I am sitting comfortably at an ergonomic desk setup.
The way it goes with me is normally if I'm playing a single player game or playing warzone with randoms then I will be on the tv and surround sound on a pad but if I'm on with a bunch of mates on discord then will be at the monitor with headphones kb & m :)

Associate
how can it only be 61c at 500watts, the sensor is on the end of the heatsink?

nVidia reported 55c in that Cyberpunk benchmark when it was running at 2.8Ghz or something - it's weird that everything we've seen so far shows low temperatures but the memes, wattage, coolers and everything else says the opposite.

Wondering if nVidia and benchmarks so far are running at 100% fan speed or something lol

Caporegime
500 watt is like 1000 transient no? In addition to 250 watt CPU that needs a thicc cooler and it's becoming a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
Associate
Cablemod have released the 3x 8pin to 12VHPWR for a number of different PSU including Corsair , Evga, Asus and seasonic and seems to be around £25 ... can be found on their website or hopefully @Gibbo can order some in for us :D

Associate
WCCFTECH has their sample already
Screenshot-20221004-135130.jpg
saw a leak mentioning 3.4 ghz avg.. and then this..

the gpu has a lot left in the tank, nvidia seems to be pretty confident, leaving such a big headroom unaddressed.. and it all seems to be tying up well with reported thermals

Associate
Soldato
so, anyone up for the £2300 card? :)
lmfao
Back to scalped prices in 2020, will have to see how far they go upon release date. Can imagine these hitting 3k easily and sit for months without a sale. If the economic recession is true, it's gonna be some time before anyone should consider buying one.

Associate
so, anyone up for the £2300 card? :)
lmfao
Well last week Gibbo said if the pound to dollar went back to 1.14 then the lower end cards would be at MSRP and the top end cards would be 2k. Pound to dollar is climbing now and at 1.15 and if this keeps going then the cards should be topping out at 2k not 2.3k but what will the prices be on release? My money is on a healthy price increase irrespective of the pound being higher.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well last week Gibbo said if the pound to dollar went back to 1.14 then the lower end cards would be at MSRP and the top end cards would be 2k. Pound to dollar is climbing now and at 1.15 and if this keeps going then the cards should be topping out at 2k not 2.3k but what will the prices be on release? My money is on a healthy price increase irrespective of the pound being higher.
This, companies need to line their pockets at the end of the day or they won't stay a float or grow. No one will like it and plenty will talk about it but high prices are gonna be a thing from now on unless something major changes.

Back
Top Bottom