• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Not sure where your getting the +30% and +60% numbers from unless you mean raytracing? In raster though the 4080 12gb will only end up around 15% faster than a 3080 at 4K while the 16gb will be around 40% faster.

The FE is the cheapest card and the 3080FE is £649 the 4080 16gb is £1269 which is a 95.6% increase for uk buyers. The 4080 12gb doesn't even have an FE card so even though pricing starts at £900 it's unlikely that any cards will be available for £900.

People should be angry, nvidia is trying to rip us off. They spent the past 2 years prioritising crypto miners over gamers and now the miners have ditched them with a load of stock they expect gamers to pick up the tab.
Those percentages refer to price increase, not performance. The conversation was about price.

Also, NVIDIA has mandated the base model from each AIB is sold at MSRP and no more. Meaning that you're correct, they won't be available for £900, they will be £849. Also, again, you're doing EXACTLY what I just debunked the last guy doing — comparing the bottom model to the top model so it looks like a 2x increase. Do it that way if you like... it's a narrow and unrealistic way to manipulate the numbers to generate outrage, but that's up to you.

As I've repeatedly said, the pricing is bad, but making stuff up to make it look worse than it is isn't achieving anything. £849 is bad enough without dressing it up.

Last edited:
This is what i am contemplating. I have 2k for it put away, but is it truly worth that when i can get a 3080ti and use the money else where.
Don't reward them even if you have the money and can easily afford it; if sales are poor they will have to lower prices. Also, I would suggest waiting for AMD's RDNA 3 announcement on the 3rd of November.

Last edited:
Those percentages refer to price increase, not performance. The conversation was about price.

Also, NVIDIA has mandated the base model from each AIB is sold at MSRP and no more. Meaning that you're correct, they won't be available for £900, they will be £849. Also, again, you're doing EXACTLY what I just debunked the last guy doing — comparing the bottom model to the top model so it looks like a 2x increase. Do it that way if you like... it's a narrow and unrealistic way to manipulate the numbers to generate outrage, but that's up to you.

As I've repeatedly said, the pricing is bad, but making stuff up to make it look worse than it is isn't achieving anything. £849 is bad enough without dressing

Does ask the question though, will AIB cards be anywhere near as efficient as the FE cooler? From the GN video it's clear that NV are on a step on their own here unless somehow AIBs have had the chance to engineer similar cooling solutions resulting in similar temps on their cards?

Really interested to see what the fan noise is like on the 4080 16GB and 4090 too because at those temps it must be silent-PC quiet.

As I've repeatedly said, the pricing is bad, but making stuff up to make it look worse than it is isn't achieving anything. £849 is bad enough without dressing it up.
The UK MSRP of the '4080' 12GB is £949 not £849 according to Nvidia's own website (this is due to the exchange rate being in the toilet):

Last edited:

Ha ha you didn't "debunk " me, I just didn't see any point in replying. You see it that way if that's what you wish, the rest if us will see it the right way.

Back
Top Bottom