• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Yeah, I'm somewhat confused by this too. It's the equivalent of running a 3090 FE off one PCIe cable. Perhaps someone more up on power loads can explain how that works.
I think the power limitation of 150w is probably due to the wire gauge of the 8 pin cables rather than what the psu can supply to the 12v rail on the gpu cables, whereas the new 16 pin has thicker gauge cables to handle the 600w/hugher current

Probably a silly question but will all the 4090s come with the pcie adapter?

I have an evga 1200W P2 and no way am I swapping already.

Also, do we know yet which cards have the full 600W available if needed?

I have my eye on the msi Suprim X as I have the 3090 and really like how it performs, a pretty damn cool and quiet card.

Yes.

"According to the ONS, in 2021 the average UK salary was £38,131 for a full-time role"
~£3,178 monthly

so how much do you need to live on determines how many 4090's you can buy per month
LOL, but the trouble with all these percentage figures is that we all know this country so divided.

On a smaller scale, you could say 4 people earn £30k per year, but if you put one rich individual shareholder in that worth say £120k a year,
Then the average is £48k per year. Which is why I think Uk salary averages are total horse crap.

Can't believe the 4090ti is rumoured at 800W TDP and needing two 12 PCIe 12+4pin modular connectors, like some rumoured sites were suggesting. How many 4 X 8pin PCIe would that need! 5-6?
No doubt the 50 series would though.

Last edited:
LOL, but the trouble with all these percentage figures is that we all know this country so divided.

On a smaller scale, you could say 4 people earn £30k per year, but if you put one rich individual shareholder in that worth say £120k a year,
Then the average is £48k per year. Which is why I think Uk salary averages are total horse crap.
ONS uses Mean average, which is pretty useless.
Really it’s about £30k IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom