• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

but you just said you haven’t seen a PSU from a decent brand having those connectors for 10 years now.

if your PSU is older than that and then you really will be struggling to power the 4090 anyway. That’s my point
This is what I mean - on typical psu you have shared 8 pin thats universal for cpu and pcie. Cpu 8pin is rated for 366W - hence each of these is rated for 366W:
CA05UAS07.png

I know exactly what you mean and that’s why Corsair has only two connectors but if like you say, every PSU for the last 10 years looks like the one you showed, why is everybody else doing 3 and 4 connectors?

it’s likely if your PSU is so old it’s only has 150w pcie connectors then it’s going to be time to upgrade it as it isn’t going to handle supplying 600w.

Last edited:
Here we go, guys. According the Moore's Law is Dead, who's discussed performance with reviewers, the 4090 is 80%-100% faster than a 3090 at rasterisation at 450w, and more, maybe even a lot more, when properly overclocked. Definitely worth the money if this is accurate. He says reviewers are very, very impressed, basically:

Last edited:
Here we go, guys. According the Moore's Law is Dead, who's discussed performance with reviewers, the 4090 is 80%-100% faster than a 3090 at rasterisation at 450w, and more, maybe even a lot more, when properly overclocked. Definitely worth the money if this is accurate. He says reviewers are very, very impressed, basically:
Scroll up.

Latest MLID video

Some bits he claims from his sources

* There is a lot of RTX4090 stock for launch day and the cards are unlikely to sell out on the 1st day

* Reviewers MLID spoke to are very impressed; the 4090 is average 80% faster than the 3090 in rasterisation games and 100% faster in ray traced games.

* The 4090 is much better at power management and doesn't have lots of huge transient spikes like the 3090 and reviewers say if your system can handle a 3090 already you can just drop a 4090 in. The 4090 also apparently undervolts very well.

* MLID also says there will be no 4090ti or Titan, it's been cancelled because Nvidia doesn't think AMD can touch the 4090. The full AD102 GPU would have had a 600w to 700w TDP and being four slots and test models in the lab had overheating problems

MLID also has released photos of a FE 4070 (in the video)

Chooo chooo all aboard the hype train!!!

This. I tried a 3090fe and the cooler was nice and quiet but the card produced so much coil whine. Sent it back and tried another one, same thing. Ended up getting an MSI card and has no coil whine at all and is nearly silent.

That's my experience too. Two Strix terrible with coil whine, two MSI Suprims silent.

Bit disappointed the Gaming Trio SKUs don't have vapour Chambers. The Suprim does but no announced price yet... expecting the worst.

Last edited:

Wasn't his source referenced for saying it was 60-80% faster? He was an AMD source too and said it was "below our current estimates for top RDNA3".

Last edited:
Latest MLID video

Some bits he claims from his sources

* There is a lot of RTX4090 stock for launch day and the cards are unlikely to sell out on the 1st day

GN also mentioned this as well , said there is a metric ton of 4090 stock in warehouses ready to go ... let hope this pans out to be the case :D

This. I tried a 3090fe and the cooler was nice and quiet but the card produced so much coil whine. Sent it back and tried another one, same thing. Ended up getting an MSI card and has no coil whine at all and is nearly silent.

That's my experience too. Two Strix terrible with coil whine, two MSI Suprims silent.

Bit disappointed the Gaming Trio SKUs don't have vapour Chambers. The Suprim does but no announced price yet... expecting the worst.

Are there any AIB brands less/more likely to have coil whine or is it all luck of the draw?

So any more anecdotal evidence? Coil whine is a real bug bear of mine, even though I'm old enough that I shouldn't be able to hear it much longer :cry:

AKA they don't expect it to sell that well given there are no miners this time and most potential buyers are priced out.
Apparently they have been building stock for months now as this was rumored to go on sale July/August time but then got pushed back to October, but yeah the lack of miners wanting them and the ridiculous AIB prices means they ay sit around for a while . Hopefully they have been stocking up them FE cards :D

Sod it... just bit the bullet and bought a MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power

sold my 1000w superflower leadex platinum for £100

Just incase because its knocking on a bit now I belive the pcie's on it only kick out 100w each

Better safe than sorry I suppose

Not looking forward to re wiring my pc tho

A buddy of my says cable management is theraputic..... I think he's got a screw loose because I hate doing it lol

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see how these would have performed as mining cards seeing as the designs would have been signed off at the height. Nvidia may still have been hoping to cash in on that.

Sod it... just bit the bullet and bought a MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power

sold my 1000w superflower leadex platinum for £100

Just incase because its knocking on a bit now I belive the pcie's on it only kick out 100w each

Better safe than sorry I suppose
why not use adapter on previous psu?

Back
Top Bottom