• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

One of the "leaked" benchmark videos I saw the core temps looked similar to the previous gen - although not sure what to take from that in truth.

2022-10-09-16-29-50-Window.png

That's 36% over the 3090Ti.

Can a good GPU cooler keep a space heater cool?

I get what you are saying but the 3090ti also has a high rating and the higher end cards run reasonably cool, these may pull more power but are as thicc as a yoga instructors arse.

Wel will see but I certainly hope they don't get as hot as illustrated in those faked benchmarks

Last edited:
I quoted what i was talking about.

I get what you are saying but the 3090ti also has a high rating and the higher end cards run reasonably cool, these may pull more power but are as thicc as a yoga instructors arse.

Wel will see but I certainly hope they don't get as hot as illustrated in those faked benchmarks

We are talking about a very overclocked 4090.

Benchmark software aside, what's the first few games you guys are gonna be running on your 4090 to put it through it's paces?

Am thinking myself: Spiderman, Cyberpunk, God of War, Gears 5 and HALO.
We also got Scorn coming at the end of the week too :D
Gonna finish off the spiderman DLC, 2nd playthrough of Cyberpunk, loads of Escape from Tarkov (nothing new there) and plague tale requiem + modern warfare 2 when they release

It's not even a 4070, it's the 4060ti.

Using the 4090 as 100% then based against the 3000 series
The 4080 16GB is a 3070
The 4080 12GB is a 3060

From 16GB 4080 to the 4090 is a big jump this time, where as with the 3000 series it was a small bump in performance so only necessary if you needed more vram. This time around it's clear Nvidia has left space to add another card between them, likely when they see what AMD come out with. This is also why I'm more inclined to get a 4090 if I partake in this generation, I know it's what Nvidia want but the 4080 is nowhere near the bang for buck the 3080 was last generation

Using the 4090 as 100% then based against the 3000 series
The 4080 16GB is a 3070
The 4080 12GB is a 3060

From 16GB 4080 to the 4090 is a big jump this time, where as with the 3000 series it was a small bump in performance so only necessary if you needed more vram. This time around it's clear Nvidia has left space to add another card between them, likely when they see what AMD come out with. This is also why I'm more inclined to get a 4090 if I partake in this generation, I know it's what Nvidia want but the 4080 is nowhere near the bang for buck the 3080 was last generation

This is what I have been saying, hell there is room for a 4080ti and a 4080S.

I quoted what i was talking about.

We are talking about a very overclocked 4090.

According to that MLID video, Nvidia had managed to melt PSU’s and even melted GPU’s in their labs with these cards running at 700-800W.

Guess the FE cooler is good for 600W, but perhaps a bit dicey much above that.

Does make you wonder if there’s scope for a 700W Ti model after all.

Back
Top Bottom