• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
On selected benchmarks. 40% over an RTX3090TI. Even if you look at the RTX3080 is not even twice the performance but at over twice the price.

relative-performance_3840-2160.png
When calculating an increase, based on these numbers it would be (100/69)*1 which is 45% increase vs 3090Ti.

Associate
Anyone here in their mid 20s that is getting one of these 4090s? You've yet to see a bad recession, I'd save your cash for the stormy days ahead, unless you are on 60k a year and are dropping £2k on this like it's nothing :D
If your 20 and smart your live with mummy and daddy or do a house share unless you want to spend your life just working to live ! If you don't have a partner or earn less than 30k your prerry much going to struggle in life. best option is house share and save that way. average monthly cost here in SW is £400 for a room with all bills paid.

Associate
Okay, seen benchmarks with MSFS using DLSS 3.0, nvidia weren't lying regarding the performance increase. Was going to wait for AMD but going to try and get an FE card tomorrow now based on this

Soldato
When calculating an increase, based on these numbers it would be (100/69)*1 which is 45% increase vs 3090Ti.
I put the exact numbers in now. The RTX3090 was 43% over an RTX2080TI.

But if you look at RRP,even if you compare to an RTX3080 its just under twice as fast for well over twice the price.

So another series where price/performance has stagnated,like Turing. It's almost like they have done it on purpose.

Edit!!

performance-per-dollar_3840-2160.png

Last edited:
Soldato
If your 20 and smart your live with mummy and daddy or do a house share unless you want to spend your life just working to live ! If you don't have a partner or earn less than 30k your prerry much going to struggle in life. best option is house share and save that way. average monthly cost here in SW is £400 for a room with all bills paid.
Cheers for the life advice dad

I put the exact numbers in. The RTX3090 was 43% over an RTX2080TI.

But if you look at RRP,even if you compare to an RTX3080 its just under twice as fast for well over twice the price.

So another series where price/performance has stagnated,like Turing.
Yeah can't disagree on the price/performance. It is terrible value still. I suspect 4080s will both look worse still...

Back
Top Bottom