• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Impressive benchmarks but I can't justify the cost as I don't game at 4k and the 3090 isn't exactly struggling.
Same mate, it doesn't struggle with anything i throw at it so there is no reason to buy a 40 series. Might even skip 50 series tbh, the only reason the uplift was higher with 40 series was the transfer in node process, unless the same thing happens again with 50 series.. which i highly doubt. Tick and Tock and all that.

Are you still using that AMD 6700 on your sim rig?

Soldato
Gaming at 3440x1440 165hz with a 2080ti and 3900x, think this is worth the upgrade? I think it is; mainly play Forza Horizon 5, DiRT Rally 2.0, rFactor 2 and iRacing. Also looking forward to getting back into the new COD this month (and warzone!)

OcUK Staff
Gaming at 3440x1440 165hz with a 2080ti and 3900x, think this is worth the upgrade? I think it is; mainly play Forza Horizon 5, DiRT Rally 2.0, rFactor 2 and iRacing. Also looking forward to getting back into the new COD this month (and warzone!)
Most of those racing titles if not all would benefit far more ftom cpu and gpu... That cpu is holding 4090 by its fan blades...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
With those sorts of games in mind and that res, you can run all of them maxed out with high frames on a 3080 Ti for under £1000 saving yourself over £600 and then factoring in you won't need to buy a new PSU as well.

You would need to upgrade the CPU if you wanted to bump the 1% lows though at that res. This is the path I went through in the new year. Massive uplift in those lows.

Last edited:
Soldato
No it isn't. Just look at this chart:

Now consider they are pushing up the price of the 104 series die to $900. Now,look at the specifications - this is another Turing level stealth price increase.

Nvidia has lots of Ampere based dGPUs and does not want to discount any of them. If people keep buying these new dGPUs at the overinflated pricing it will stick....during a global recession.

Now think where the "RTX4060" will lie - it will be literally a tiny 40/50 series die at nonsensical pricing.

Isn't that slightly misrepresented, the 3090ti msrp at launch was $2000 wasn't it and my 3090 at launch was £1399 ($1499) not $950. That being said it doesn't detract that £1700 for a top end GPU is mind boggling, I was willing to pay that for my 3090 at the time as it was covid, I was not spending anywhere near as much going out/holidays etc. and it was nearly impossible to get another gpu at msrp. Things have changed and I'm far less enticed by the prospect now especially after just buying a house and having my first kid 5 weeks ago! :D I'm lucky that I can afford luxury items such as this but I'm just not willing to part with it this time around, not until AMD have at least shown their hand.

The 4080 series are looking like they will flop massively compared to the 3090's (bodes well for my resale value).

Back
Top Bottom