• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Consoles are looking increasingly tempting, PC gaming is getting more and more out of reach.
If Jensen gets his way you're probably better off with a console as he thinks graphics cards should have an average selling price equivalent of consoles, so he thinks $500 for a mid-range GPU is fair. If he was giving away a CPU, motherboard, RAM, storage, case, and a PSU he'd have a point but i don't think he's got plans to bundle all those with graphics cards.

Defo going to get FE Edition ! Its not like its running Hot or Drawing crazy Power and its stupidly fast in 4k , At £1699 with next day delivery that's my go too , I really don't get how paying for one of the other brands some at £300 + extra is going to be worth it at all.

Last edited:
I haven't really got the time to read through all the pages!

But from what I see, I will really need a fantastic system all round, so latest CPU. MB and RAM . PSU etc to get the best from the 4090 card.

So is it worth all that upgrade, that is where the personal choice will come in.

I recently upgraded my 1080ti to a FE 3080 I got for RRP - it runs all the games I play really well for me.

The only thing I would like is better frames on MSFS, I run multi screens - but is it worth the huge price I need to spend to get more frames (Case, PSU, MB, CPU, RAM) - need to think about that one, but I suspect I already know the answer.

Pc gaming is becoming the ultimate **** take, a single component is basically the price of a half decent pc now.
haha with people buying 100 GBP cables.. pricing's out of the window, no argument to be had there :D
embrace the new

But from what I see, I will really need a fantastic system all round, so latest CPU. MB and RAM . PSU etc to get the best from the 4090 card.

So is it worth all that upgrade, that is where the personal choice will come in.

I recently upgraded my 1080ti to a FE 3080 I got for RRP - it runs all the games I play really well for me.

The only thing I would like is better frames on MSFS, I run multi screens - but is it worth the huge price I need to spend to get more frames (Case, PSU, MB, CPU, RAM) - need to think about that one, but I suspect I already know the answer.
maybe i was hallucinating, but i could consistently see how 1% lows for 4090 were consistently higher than last gen average.. and you dont need to upgrade anything other than the gpu if you game on 4k.. perhaps a 5800x3d could be a good companion purchase

Last edited:
It seems the reviews are positive. Shame about the 'small' matter of the price. Was surprised to see the power consumption lower than the 3090ti but then I suppose that's due to the new process node.

Roll on November 3 to see the comparisons.

Edit - also seems little point in buying this unless you're going 4K.

Last edited:

Not at all ! Going to run my 4090 on i7 8700k ! most of the games in 4k use GPU Power not CPU I'm probably going to lose maybe 10 FPS Max from someone that has the newest i9 - Go and look at CPU benchmarks hardly anything when it comes to gaming is lost in fps.

Last edited:
So if you want best 4K experience this is it can say its 4K ready , at 1440p seems pointless

Want something that gives value at 1440p with nice headroom feel like I'm being pushed out with pc gaming

Last edited:

Could get the 4090 now and then when you upgrade the entire system a little further down the line you'll get not just a system performance increase but further gaming performance increase also.
I'm good at helping others spend their money. :P

While buyers say they don't see the point in spending £300 more for a non-FE model, which I agree with, I suspect the FE's will sell out first.

Back
Top Bottom