• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Guess I'll upgrade the display then, the LG C2 does 4k 120 and I happen to have one unused. Not that I have to justify it but I have been PC-less for 2 years. So this one I want to last me.

Yup great idea.

I have 3x triple LG OLEDs so I need the 4090 sadly. cant go back from triple scree now i've got used to it

The Digital Foundry review brought up something that is giving pause:

It only has Display Port 1.4(a).

This card is too much for many current high-end monitors so it should come into its own with future displays....and it's stuck on the old DP?

I'm happy with my Reverb and have not been temped by any of the newer VR headsets yet, but I may be at some point, and it wouldn't suprise me if the new headsets use DP 2.

Hmmmm. I may just wait and see AMD offers DP 2.0.

Last edited:
Yeah DP 1.4 means 4k is only going to get 120Hz - So how does the VRR situation play out when this is considered? Or moreso with VR stuff that uses DP2.0?

Darn it. Was hoping that the reviews would crush any enthusiasm I had for this card. They did not. Now I play the lottery of what water cooled closed loop is available. Good luck to all who surf the early wave:)

The Digital Foundry review brought up something that is giving pause:

It only has Display Port 1.4(a).

This card is too much for many current high-end monitors so it should come into its own with future displays....and it's stuck on the old DP?

I'm happy with my Reverb and have not been temped by any of the newer VR headsets yet, but I may be at some point, and it wouldn't suprise me if the new headsets use DP 2.

Hmmmm. I may just wait and see AMD offers DP 2.0.
1.4a is fine as is hdmi 2.1 for 99% of people imo ... have no issue pushing 240fps at 1440p on the monitor which is display port 1.4a

Darn it. Was hoping that the reviews would crush any enthusiasm I had for this card. They did not. Now I play the lottery of what water cooled closed loop is available. Good luck to all who surf the early wave:)
Sorry to be a devil on your shoulder but there was a comparitively decently priced AIO card on the nvidia site at a smidge over 1800 iirc - gigabyte iirc

Is a bit of a gamble as always on launch day purchases. Which one to go for, if the FE edition sells out really quickly and you don't know when they will come back into stock. If the Zotac is only £100 more, is it worth just going for that one - decisions, decisions!

Back
Top Bottom