• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Is a bit of a gamble as always on launch day purchases. Which one to go for, if the FE edition sells out really quickly and you don't know when they will come back into stock. If the Zotac is only £100 more, is it worth just going for that one - decisions, decisions!
As I typed that , the Zotac reduced £21 in price, but the top of the line Zotac increased by £10 - jeez this is confusing.

Time for a cup of tea with a dash of laphroaig

Last edited:
Not at all ! Going to run my 4090 on i7 8700k ! most of the games in 4k use GPU Power not CPU I'm probably going to lose maybe 10 FPS Max from someone that has the newest i9 - Go and look at CPU benchmarks hardly anything when it comes to gaming is lost in fps.
my 4090 is going into a i7 7700K system :D
i was going to leave the 750W psu in but i caved in today and bought an 850W one.
still tempted just to try the 4090 with 750W psu and maybe undervolt it if it can't handle it.

HU 59% faster at 4K than a 3090ti. Steve said minimum of 40% uplift over 3090ti up to 75%.

With the games they used the ones Nvidia is pushing on reviewers, be careful of the results on some reviews they are clearly playing off Nvidia's play book. Compare it to other games that have not had Nvidia's magic pixie dust sprinkled over them and the real uplift is the same as from 2080ti to 3090. Just the numbers look larger and make you think the % is higher, real uplift is in line with recent generations before.

The reviewers this time are all singing to Nvidia's song book even HU is making sure not to get banned by Nvidia again :cry: and show them huge DLSS3 + frame generation results and then some showing it but showing the latency goes threw the roof and becomes like playing in treacle.

We need more results as the reviewers this time are really taking the micky too and not showing games that are not on Nvidia's reviewers guide and any the show are showing not so great uplifts or games that will still scale well with 4090s. Something a little off with the reviews to me this time. Time will tell.

Last edited:
How are PSUs supplying the 4 separate PCI-E connections, most only have 3. Eg RM850x
Does it not have 5?

2022-10-11-19-19-16-rm850x-connections-Google-Search.png

Last edited:
How are PSUs supplying the 4 separate PCI-E connections, most only have 3. Eg RM850x

they sell a 2 in to 1 adapter for that one, just received today. The wire is pretty heavy and stiff, doubt you'd want to make it bend sharp angles or anything

Back
Top Bottom