• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Maybe , I hope they are put off and people that want them get them this time, but time will tell.
Hope so, but so far the consensus is scalpers and miners aren't interested. There's usually a lot of noise surrounding a new release like this but its been awfully quiet on that part except from the people who actually want them for the performance bump from last gen.

Associate
People where scalping 3060ti's to make £30-50 and people think that it wont happen with 4090 FE because insert reasons here. :cry:

If one cant sell them on they can just return them. ;)

fees are like 10 or 12% so thats like 200 quid, they would need to sell at £2800 to make a mere 200 quid

Associate
You need a very high end system to get the best out of this hardware, along with a high end 4k monitor. CPU bottle necking will be forcing more upgrades along with PSU requirements and bigger case's to fit them in. For many unless already running high end hardware its the start of a BIG spend to get the most out of it.
credit cards will be taking a bashing for sure and the credit card companys will be increasing the interest rates very soon.
Miss leading information , Most Games still use single Core ! I have i7 8700k and I won't be upgrading no point, if anything ill maybe lost 10 FPS MAX in 4k Gaming maybe not even that! 4k gaming is mainly GPU bound you can see that if you go look at the Benchmarks

Soldato
I don't want to assume everyone thinks like me but I certainly feel different than last launch. I want one enough to open my wallet, but not enough to put in more effort than that.

The idea that I may not get one today doesn't motivate me to do anything extra. I care enough to buy one if avaliable and that's the full extent of my motivation.

I think the lack of excitement is due to my current hardware doing great for most of what I use it for.

This new shiny isn't going to change my gaming life.

Soldato
Miss leading information , Most Games still use single Core ! I have i7 8700k and I won't be upgrading no point, if anything ill maybe lost 10 FPS MAX in 4k Gaming maybe not even that! 4k gaming is mainly GPU bound you can see that if you go look at the Benchmarks

Be interesting to see benchmarks at 4K with older CPUs to see the difference

Soldato
I was on about people trying to scalp the FE which would make the most sense
Oh yeah true, the FE card is the only one worth scalping if it came to it but its a hard push. With the current state of the world economies i don't think people will be more willing to fork out 2k+ for a gpu. Just my thoughts anyway.

Associate
My theory on the 4070 to 4080 12GB (and 4060 becoming 4070 I guess) rebrand is the performance was too good they don't want to 'give them away' as a mere 4070 !!

That and trying to sell the 3000 series stock pile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom