• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Well, my work doesn't demand fast GPU, only entertainment does. Much harder to justify, aside "Shiny new toy, me want!". :) But yes, shiny new toy, me want! I shouldn't, definitely bad corpo sucking us dry but winter is coming, will save on heating? ;)
Well this the thing, my pc kicks out so much heat I've never used the heating in the last 3 years. Good insulation and a fast pc is all you need :D

Soldato
Very true and the 4090 has annoyed a lot that only got 3090ti recently too at £2k+ and now the £2k+ game is being played out again while their 3090ti is now half the price... :rolleyes:

What did people expect. It’s not like this is the first ever high end GPU release. This stuff has been going on for 20 odd years!

Associate
Nvidia website !

Using it on LG C1 65" 120 so should be better for me for 4k gaming , if it doesn't then ill just spend 1k next month when the new CPU are out.
Yes, with 120Hz you should always be able to have that FPS with current games and even in new coming games for a while. CPU shouldn't limit you with that refresh rate.

Soldato
Its not little for such expensive card. Even 3080 had less stock than that, If I remember correctly OCUK had less than 100 3090 in stock on launch day

there's no high end competition this time. AMD looking a bit limp, their own 4080 doesn't compete. More interest in 4090 now

Associate
The problem with the 3080 two years ago was the scalpers taking it all and the sites having very little if any bot protection. That has changed now so I am a little more optimistic. However if I get one today then great, if not I will get on with my life and be ok.

Soldato
Well this the thing, my pc kicks out so much heat I've never used the heating in the last 3 years. Good insulation and a fast pc is all you need :D
That was the great thing about a 2 PC setup, would put the heating on for a hour to warm things up, then I'm in my vest and shorts as it was so hot :D

Associate
They probably won't do anything about prices until all these overpriced 3080's are sold.
How that will happen is beyond me.
Looking at the Nvidia store, there are 3080's for over a grand - double the FE price!
Who's gonna buy those?

Caporegime
All you have to do really is check fleabay for pre-scalping ads and there isn't any. Remember before when the 3080 launched and ads for a 1k-1.2k gpu were popping up all over the market places.

Too early surely? You normally need a confirmed order before listing. I see there are two scalped early amazon orders up in the US. A Zotac trinity 4090 for $2,298.85!!!!! They must only be $1599 in the US so a $700 scalp.

Back
Top Bottom