• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
4090 deffo 1000watt 850watt with a 3090ti I would say is pushing it as I'm looking to buy a 3090ti.
I have a bequiet 850w platinum. Thinking about 3090ti or 4090 as I know platinum will have greater scope than gold but even then still pushing it you reckon?

Associate
This time it will be different as a crypto miner who recently sold 6 gpus off in Feb (just in the nick of time to get all my outlay back). Crypto mining is dead at the moment and won’t be coming back for at least 2 years. Ethereum POS in August and Sky high electricity in the UK have finished it off.

There will be ample supply as by now any gamer would have got a gpu.

The demand isn’t there.

Quite happy to see AMD and Nvidia squirm when they can’t sell their inventory come Nov.

mate you are spot on, no wonder in the used market you can get a 3090 for 800, yes when it was 2000 only a few months ago

the scalpers have cards they cant get rid of, they will need to sell at a loss

the miners have mass inventory that they need to sell because like you say, crap returns and sky high utility prices

There so many sealed 3080s and 3090s that has been accumulated by the miners and scalpers that they are selling in the used market

This is only good news for the gamers, well for now, and looking good for the 4000 series release

The flooded market for 30 series will have little demand for 4000 series cards, yes?

Associate
:cry:

Was expected tbf, just wait till the 4070 gets announced :eek:
This.. I know my sig says I've got a 3070 but that was sold on as I didn't use it much and I got offered a pretty penny for it.. :D now rocking a GTX 1080 classified but I'm really excited to see what the 4070 offers... what are we thinking perf wise? I'm looking at rtx 3090 Ti benches and -/+ 5-10% worse/best case scenario.. what do you think?

Caporegime
This.. I know my sig says I've got a 3070 but that was sold on as I didn't use it much and I got offered a pretty penny for it.. :D now rocking a GTX 1080 classified but I'm really excited to see what the 4070 offers... what are we thinking perf wise? I'm looking at rtx 3090 Ti benches and -/+ 5-10% worse/best case scenario.. what do you think?
If going by history, I'm expecting a 4070 to match rasterization perf. of a 3090/ti and to comfortably beat it in ray tracing all with less power consumption.

Associate
If going by history, I'm expecting a 4070 to match rasterization perf. of a 3090/ti and to comfortably beat it in ray tracing all with less power consumption.
That will be exciting for a £500? Card? Im hoping no more than £500.. I would love to play my childhood favourite quake 2 maxed out at 4k no resolution scale and hold 60fps the 3070 couldn't do it and from what I've seen the 3090 just doesn't cut the mustard

Caporegime
That will be exciting for a £500? Card? Im hoping no more than £500.. I would love to play my childhood favourite quake 2 maxed out at 4k no resolution scale and hold 60fps the 3070 couldn't do it and from what I've seen the 3090 just doesn't cut the mustard
I'm hoping it'll be £500 too but just can't see it, not with inflation/cost of living now, expecting around £550/600 for the 4070

Caporegime
Was that an eBay buy it now price? These are almost always scams when listed significantly under the market price.
Yeah those are way to cheap to be legit sales and anyone who thinks otherwise is not thinking very logically. There is no good reason for anyone to panic sell 3090's for well below average prices now with the 4000 series launch still around 4-5 months away.

Back
Top Bottom