• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Can this constant rat race for GPUs end now so I can buy one in peace
The scalpers seem to be playing a game of chicken with the supply chain. They are stacking up on the rain forest as the scalpers try to clean out msrp cards so that their scalped cards are the only option.

Plugging holes in the dam with their fingers. Lol.

The drops keep coming.

Last edited:
Associate
Hardware unboxed said prices will drop by January
it might if the 4090ti comes out at a similar price
Also 4080/4080ti cards when released will bring down demand on the 4090 series, so possible, if it does, it wont be much, around 5%

but if shortages carry on and demand is high, weak pound getting weaker, it will increase.

Soldato
it might if the 4090ti comes out at a similar price
Also 4080/4080ti cards when released will bring down demand on the 4090 series, so possible, if it does, it wont be much, around 5%

but if shortages carry on and demand is high, weak pound getting weaker, it will increase.
A proper 4080 will bring demand down of the 4090. Not that over-priced piece of garbage they are pedaling.

Rup

Rup

Associate
Also if someone has bought an FE from a drop and then sells their GFE invite, I presume **** will reject the order. So risky to buy invites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Also if someone has bought an FE from a drop and then sells their GFE invite, I presume **** will reject the order. So risky to buy invites.

Dont think **** cares or even checks or how would they even know? I used somebody else GFE invite and it was a totally different address to where they normally deliver that person account to and it got shipped within 10 minutes.

EDIT I just realised what you meant. Yeah the invite can only be used once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rup
Caporegime
it comes from military spending on firepower, it literally comes from the idea that if you have nukes you don't need as big of a standing army as a deterrent, bang as in explosives, buck as in dollars
are you sure it doesn't come from soldiers and sailors in poor parts of the world like vietnam :D

The 13th gen are showing improvements with DDR5, that's according to various YT channel benchmarks. Not huge, but defo showing improvements.
Not really worth if you already have DDR4 though

Last edited:
Associate
Not really worth if you already have DDR4 though
That depends on how someone values the uplift. It seems it is the 1% lows that benefit most from DDR5 and using the HU data (12 game avg @ 1440p) it is an 8% improvement. Is the 8% worth the extra £200ish for 32gb DDR5, up to the individual ;)

Last edited:
Associate
No drops today then by the looks of it.

I really thought I might have got a look-in with the GFE redeem but no luck despite owning a plethora of GeForce cards over the years, got a 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio in my rig and a 3080 FE in my sons. GFE installed on both and account says I've gave them my details first in October 2016.

Are the redeem invites only for the recipient or If anyone has a spare redeemable link going I'd much appreciate it!

Last edited:
Associate
No drops today then by the looks of it.

I really thought I might have got a look-in with the GFE redeem but no luck despite owning a plethora of GeForce cards over the years, got a 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio in my rig and a 3080 FE in my sons. GFE installed on both and account says I've gave them my details first in October 2016.

Are the redeem invites only for the recipient or If anyone has a spare redeemable link going I'd much appreciate it!
Similar situation here - frustrating. I would love to second the 'if anyone has a spare link; after user2000!

Back
Top Bottom