• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
more stuff to order , 90 deg angled adapter released on the 30th :)

Shame that it is angled that way. I run a vertical GPU mount and that would take the cable in front of the card, instead of behind it.

Edit: Nevermind - saw it comes in two orientations. Hopefully you don't need to specify that upfront as I'm useless with the terminology for things like that :(

Last edited:
Associate
Shame that it is angled that way. I run a vertical GPU mount and that would take the cable in front of the card, instead of behind it.

Edit: Nevermind - saw it comes in two orientations. Hopefully you don't need to specify that upfront as I'm useless with the terminology for things like that :(
I think you pick the one you want when you order

Associate
Will be looking to pick up a 4090 FE when I’m fortunate enough to catch the Nvidia site with some stock. Hopefully a slightly smoother experience than trying to get a 3080Ti but I doubt it somehow. :p

Soldato
I worry about these 90deg adapters, more contact points for failure with the smaller pins inside it. Would rather maintain a straight cable directly into the card with only one 12+4pin contact.
All it will take is one poorly manufactured loose one like an old 4 pin molex.

No idea why they did a 90deg fitting on the top of the card, crazy design, the 3090 has a similar plug and its angled.

Soldato
I honestly think I’m just going to set my power limit to 70-80% until I get a cable mod cable. I benchmarked a few games last night and also timespy and lost about 5% performance and didn’t draw more than about 360w.

Soldato
I found a cable mod post on Reddit about the cable and they said
“We’ll be locked and loaded and ready for however many orders come in.”

Associate
Because it offers horrendous value.
Considering I bought the 3080ti for £1050 a year ago and recently sold it for £800 when I got the 4090. £250 loss after 12 months isn't bad at £20 a month. Price is what you pay value is what you get. Msfs in vr with the 4090 working so well now it was a nice bump from the 2080ti to the 3080ti but a leap with the 4090.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is my FE temporarily in my old X99 system while I wait for new parts and blocks to arrive.

Using the Corsair 600W cable into an AX1500i PSU, not worried about any strain on the connector, it's in firm with a nice bend radius on the cable.

dnTWEKO.jpg

Associate
Its a crap design that 12 pin connection, the pins are too small for the current required. you will need fans cooling the cables next lol and if the 4090ti makes an appearance will put even more strain on a stupid design.

Soldato
Anyone with a 3D printer fancy trying this? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5173568 or modding it for the evo :D
Taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Also

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is my FE temporarily in my old X99 system while I wait for new parts and blocks to arrive.

Using the Corsair 600W cable into an AX1500i PSU, not worried about any strain on the connector, it's in firm with a nice bend radius on the cable.

But what about the strain from the card sagging from its own weight? Get something propping up that near corner.

Associate
How's the early adopting going? :)

I wonder if the connector will be rapidly redesigned, just some extra clips on the sides might help a lot.

Could this even delay the release of the 4080? So far no, but if I say it now I can refer to my awesome powers of prediction later on.

Back
Top Bottom