• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
How's the early adopting going? :)

I wonder if the connector will be rapidly redesigned, just some extra clips on the sides might help a lot.

Could this even delay the release of the 4080? So far no, but if I say it now I can refer to my awesome powers of prediction later on.
one thing I did notice when I ordered my custom one from cable mod is that it has a retention block of sorts right next to the connector. Assuming they knew something about this.
kDydybp.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia need to acknowledge and ship us out a replacement 90 degree connector. I don't have a thermal camera and I'm not touching that wire but mine was cramped up, bending after 10mm. I've taken the side case off but to get it all straightened out there's now a mass of wires sticking out 50mm. It looks ridiculous and a perfect analogy of this situation
Exactly.

Soldato
Removed by the (Nvidia) mods...why, one wonders.
And another one removed :-

The many issues they are hiding is getting silly now.. The whole point of such an area on Reddit is to get help and let people know of issues but the company that makes and sells the product is full time using its mods there to hide stuff, they did that there with the 30 series rebar issues too at the time of where people couldn't get their cards to flash the vbios needed for rebar. It's getting daft now.

Soldato
Right, side panel is off, PC moved to try and deter cats and I think my cable is straight enough now :D
If confident I'd imagine on some of the non braided more rigid cables like yours, you could get a heat gun on them whilst held in a right angle to 'make' the cable hold some form itself to release pressure on the connector?

Soldato
And another one removed :-

The many issues they are hiding is getting silly now.. The whole point of such an area on Reddit is to get help and let people know of issues but the company that makes and sells the product is full time using its mods there to hide stuff, they did that there with the 30 series rebar issues too at the time of where people couldn't get their cards to flash the vbios needed for rebar. It's getting daft now.

Money talks.

I always assumed that Reddit was an independent forum, wrong assumption!

Shady from Nvidia, but hey, everyone knows by now that shady is their middle name.

Soldato
I think it's important to remember that the connectors are where the concern is. The cable itself should bend without much issue. I would rather have the cable leave the connector straight and then have a tighter bend in the cable itself. (where it touches the glass)

-This assumes you even have a way to make that happen without putting undue stress on the connector/pins in the process. If you have to pinch and tug on the connector to get the cable to leave in a straight-ish line, the pins may have already been compromised at that point.

*edit* someone beat me to it.

Absolutely. There is little concern bending a power cable. It's applying pressure to the socket that's the problem.

G J

G J

Associate
So the same people who say its ok to have GDDR6X running at close to its thermal limits also ok'ed this cable that may burn the connector out. :eek:

I'm sorry but if any issues with a power supply and a graphics card or any hardware for that matter is met with the if you have money to spend that much on hardware then dont complain about upgrading other hardware to run it should be met with that if companies charge so much for their hardware theres no excuse to have modify/worry about it so these companies can be lazy and/or save a few quid.

Rup

Rup

Associate
Not a bad price.

I sold mine in Aug 2022 for £650 (got 1 year+ use out of it).
Yes mine was 2 years old and you always get a bit less on FB marketplace.
But it's sold as seen rather than 30 days of comebacks on ebay. Ebay will always side with the buyer.

Back
Top Bottom