• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

However if you are buying a new PSU why on earth would you buy only the recommended minimum wattage for the current gen? Anyone with any smarts would buy a PSU that give you some headroom for future potential increased power requirements.
Sure, although I'm not sure we can go much higher?! Will the next gen cards have 2 new connectors?? 1200W in one card would be impressive. At this point I almost want Nvidia to do that just for comedy value.

I wonder if we might have hit peak power consumption from "halo" GPUs. I can see either backlash from safety concerns with the 4090 adapter or a tightening of environmental regulations (as seems to be happening with TVs) stopping any further upwards creep.

Sure, although I'm not sure we can go much higher?! Will the next gen cards have 2 new connectors?? 1200W in one card would be impressive. At this point I almost want Nvidia to do that just for comedy value.

So glad I went with a Corsair ax1500i with my last system. Before that I had a AX1200. I've always gone for overkill as it means the psu fan doesnt even come on when browsing/light work and I can have an almost silent system.

They are ripping us off.

18 euros for delivery!!!!
And I won't get it till near the end of november.
Your whole order should have come to around €43 , basically around £23 for the cable around £12 £or delivery and import fees from China ... €18 euro for international dpd shipping with customs fees paid is not a rip off at all .

I had to wait about 2 weeks for my cable and I ordered it before the 4090 was even released, apparently their orders have increased 400% now so can kinda expect some delay. If your not happy then best option is to cancel and try get one from your psu manufacturer.

Your whole order should have come to around €43 , basically around £23 for the cable around £12 £or delivery and import fees from China ... €18 euro for international dpd shipping with customs fees paid is not a rip off at all .

I had to wait about 2 weeks for my cable and I ordered it before the 4090 was even released, apparently their orders have increased 400% now so can kinda expect some delay. If your not happy then best option is to cancel and try get one from your psu manufacturer.

Yes it's a rip off.

I told you what I paid, so don't lower the cost.
Sounds like you work for them.

Told everyone I know know to stay clear.

Last edited:
Such a charming individual :o

I've wanted to order since launch day but I'm not ordering until the 90-degree adapter is available as I'm not paying shipping x2. Cost of the cable is nothing in comparison to the card tbh, a bit like crying over paying £200 for a tyre on a Lambo!

Yes it's a rip off.

I told you what I paid, so don't lower the cost.
Sounds like you work for them.

Told everyone I know know to stay clear.
OK it's a rip off in your opinion.

How the hell am I lowering the cost , every single one of us who ordered it paid £35 all in which I have said many times .. you are the only one who paid over the odds for whatever reason.

No I do not work for them at all thanks .

No water off my back tbh , tell as many people as possible to stay away I really do not care as I have my cable and am happy with it and the rip off price I apparently paid :cry:

4080s starting to appear.

I don't have much confidence in the continuation of ATX 3.. but if you are buying one it would actually make sense to get a psu with 2 12vhpwr ports. Currently that's only available from thermaltake, which isn't a prefered brand... by 2026 you may have cards that could use both

Over £50 for the cable from the eu site.
It isn't

Screenshot-20221028-122954-Chrome.jpg

So £38.76 all in and that was for a 4 x 8pin if I remember correctly? Apparently these prices are made up on a whim :cry:
4 x 8pin. the 3 x 8pin was the same price so your choice. But yeah their prices seem to be all over the place once demand shot up!

Juist seen the cable is cheaper now but the shipping has gone up. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom