• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
What are you FE owners using to change the rgb on top of the card - when I try and use ASUS Armoury Crate it just makes the top RGB flash. is there some other software available to change the colour?

Associate
What are you FE owners using to change the rgb on top of the card - when I try and use ASUS Armoury Crate it just makes the top RGB flash. is there some other software available to change the colour?
Try reinstalling armoury crate as works fine on mine as in the FE does the same stuff as everything else like mb and distroplate etc . Only thing that doesn't change is the GeForce RTX logo.

Associate
Wait the 4090 FE has RGB?
Only a little like the 3000 series , its just a < shape strip next to the fan and is pretty discrete tbh although the Geforce RTX logo is pretty bright :cry:

20221111-182217.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
SignalRGB. It’ll control all of your lights, regardless of manufacturer.

If you pay for an annual subscription it’ll also control your fan profiles too.

It’s probably the best universal RGB app I’ve found that can control everything.

Thank me later :)
Cheers for that I'll try that on my Inno as their Tuneit software is not controlling my RGB I can't switch it off or change anything lol, Doesn't surprise me though Zotacs Firestorm I had for the 3080 was pos also that never worked half the time.

Associate
Cheers for that I'll try that on my Inno as their Tuneit software is not controlling my RGB I can't switch it off or change anything lol, Doesn't surprise me though Zotacs Firestorm I had for the 3080 was pos also that never worked half the time.

It got to a point where I had ASUS aura, Corsair iCue, HyperX RGB and STILL certain things like case LEDs wouldn’t play nice because of the conflicting apps… found this and haven’t looked back.

I do pay for the annual subscription but it’s just a great piece of kit.

Associate
My Zotac had buzzing fans that sounded like coil whine but was 100% from the fans as set to 0% buzzing stops ... To change the fan bios on the zotac you need to use their Firestorm utility and will have an option to switch bios and will require a restart to take effect , im not sure what that button does but didn't change the bios when i pressed it :cry:
I have a 4090 FE now and the fan pitch isn't nice tbh and is rather loud although it doesn't buzz , it does have noticeable coil whine though but not enough for me to be bothered by it .
You have to keep the button depressed until the card flashes red (default) or blue (quiet), then reboot for it to take effect.

Associate
It got to a point where I had ASUS aura, Corsair iCue, HyperX RGB and STILL certain things like case LEDs wouldn’t play nice because of the conflicting apps… found this and haven’t looked back.

I do pay for the annual subscription but it’s just a great piece of kit.
Yeah it's a pain in the ass having to have so many conflicting software to get all the components working as intended, One thing I've noticed from the last 2 GPU's i've owned from 2 different manufacturers it's always the RGB on GPU's that have issue's, I don't have AURA installed or enabled as I'm using the Corsair commander pro with my QL fans now whether that Icue software is causing my GPU software not to work I have no idea but i'll give that a shot when I get the chance thank you!

Soldato
Galax HoF RTX4090 sets new world records with clock speed of 3.6ghz

1. 3DMark Port Royal / 31622
  2. 3DMark Time Spy / 41926
  3. 3DMark Time Spy Graphics Score / 44293
  4. 3DMark Time Spy Extreme Graphics Score / 23229
  5. 3DMark 11 Extreme / X59575
  6. 3DMark 11 Performance / 94414 (LOD)
  7. 3DMark Fire Strike / 74725
  8. 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme / 50941

Last edited:
Associate
This is the first time I've seen such a fan design. How is the cooling??
Cooling isn't to bad tbh , it will sit high 60 ( 68/69 ) in my case which tbh is less than ideal for an air cooled card ( air heated by rads ) .... i had a Zotac aib previously with 3 fans and this cools just as well . The only down side is when set to 100% this FE is very loud and the fans have a horrible pitch but only do that when benchmarking so not an issue for me :)

Back
Top Bottom