• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So you're saying its an awesome buy then and you agree with how its being priced?
I never said I thought it was a good buy, my original post was that despite the price these cards will sell like hot cakes, as opposed to the people on here saying 4080's are DOA. I can guarantee FE will sell out tomorrow and OCUK and other retailers will sell all their stock. I defy anyone to be able to buy a 4080 by the weekend except on Ebay

4080 looks better than expected, lovely improvements in RT scenarios :cool:

But as I've said many times, I'm not paying more than a grand for any gpu regardless of who it is by.

The card is stagnation - 50% increase in performance for 50% increase in cost at MSRP, and if the competition is right, OCUK will also be listing some at £1500. Thats 120% price increase for 50% performance.

I never said I thought it was a good buy, my original post was that despite the price these cards will sell like hot cakes, as opposed to the people on here saying 4080's are DOA. I can guarantee FE will sell out tomorrow and OCUK and other retailers will sell all their stock. I defy anyone to be able to buy a 4080 by the weekend except on Ebay

Probably right, will have to wait until sometime early next year after AMD has done its thing before they're readily available. And even then the FEs will be hard to come by.

AMD one isnt out for another month , and lets be honest - you wouldnt get it anyway ;). Even though AMD msrp is £999, etailers will scalp as usual

Yes because I have never owned any amd hardware right....

2600 > 5600x > and just now a 5800x3d
3850 > 4850 > 4870 > 7850 > 290x > vega 56

Meanwhile nvida gpus = 8800 and 3080

:rolleyes:

If AMD offered much better RT than what I have now and the cards came in at less than 1k, I would happily buy it but they simply don't, that and FSR is still not as good as dlss in terms of quality and more so uptake in games, so in a few respects, it would be more of a downgrade than even a side grade.

Reactions: TNA
RT is like marmite - either loved or hated. For me, its only in 1 game i play so its a shrug moment for me.

Yup definitely the case for many.

That's why I keep saying in my case with the games I play, I have played more games with RT than I have raster only in the past 2 years and I imagine it will only continue for the games I am eyeing up, everyone has different game tastes.... If I didn't care for RT (or dlss), I would have picked rdna 2 and rdna 3 over ampere and ada and it's the only reason(s) I would be sticking with nvidia.

RT is annoying in a way as Nvidia are now ahead of AMD for RT performance by a generation and maybe always will be.

I don't yet need a card for 4K, still on 1440p, I'm still waiting for the right 4K monitor.

I look forward to all the rest of the AMD/nvidia/intel(!) cards and then hopefully see price reductions next year.

RT is annoying in a way as Nvidia are now ahead of AMD for RT performance by a generation and maybe always will be.

I don't yet need a card for 4K, still on 1440p, I'm still waiting for the right 4K monitor.

I look forward to all the rest of the AMD/nvidia/intel(!) cards and then hopefully see price reductions next year.

AMD are perfectly capable of catching up from a hardware POV, intel have taken the same approach as nvidia and been able to match their nvidia counterpart, I suspect once more and more titles end up like CP 2077, chernboylite, DL 2, metro EE levels of RT is when we will see amd put the real focus on RT though but they need to be careful not to leave it too long as nvidia are putting all their eggs in one basket with RT now (imo the right move given developers comments on RT as well as every industry and brand getting on board with it), not just hardware but software and also partnerships with game studios and game engines.

We still have yet to see any RT games where nvidias SER is being utilised as well, which iirc supposedly provides up to a 25% boost in RT performance on 40xx hardware, I believe cp RT overdrive mode will have this as well as portal rtx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom