• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can throw my 3090 in the bin and buy rtx4090 sli when it's out. cost don't matter when your salary is enough to buy several 3090's each month

You do realise your post makes you come of like a **** right? I could buy a couple 3090’s also every month also, but you don’t see me advertising it? Surprised you have not upgraded to a 3090 Ti yet and still stuck on that 5950X which you stated you are not happy with as it barely works at stock and does not overclock for ****. :cry:

Ok Charlie big potatoes
Lol. Keeps on digging doesn’t he?

Associate
I can smash the 3090 with a hammer and then go buy rtx4090 sli when it's out. cost don't matter when your salary is enough to buy several 3090's each month

Well get you Mr Rich Boy. You come across as a bit of a ****.

As it happens, I too could purchase multiple flagship cards if I wanted, I just don't because spending that much on a 3090 is appalling value and pretty sad. If you're just a gamer running that card, it's YOU who got shafted :cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
Nice. As long as it is around 3090 performance with better RT I will be grabbing that. Rumour is it will be a 300W part and the 4080 400W which is mad. Will see what the 4080 FE price is. If it is £699 or thereabouts might go for that instead. Can always power limit it and use fps caps in less demanding games to keep power usage down. Then when power is needed you can unleash it :)
With high energy prices. These cards wont sell well

Soldato
With high energy prices. These cards wont sell well

For me, it's more of a heat consideration. I alredy had to get a window-mount AC unit for my computer room because I would either get sweaty racing in my sim or, if I turned down the temperature on my home's central AC unit to compensate for the heat, my wife would get frozen in any other room of the house.

My 900w battery backup UPS started sounding an alarm when I was in the sim rig (after I upgraded to the 400+w 3080Ti) so I'm probably pulling over 900w from the wall for the whole system already.

I have since upgraded to a 1500w UPS, but my 6000btu AC unit will probably need to be upgraded next if I add another 200w of heat. I think I will wait until I can get a meaningful upgrade without crazy power draw.

Soldato
For me, it's more of a heat consideration. I alredy had to get a window-mount AC unit for my computer room because I would either get sweaty racing in my sim or, if I turned down the temperature on my home's central AC unit to compensate for the heat, my wife would get frozen in any other room of the house.

My 900w battery backup UPS started sounding an alarm when I was in the sim rig (after I upgraded to the 400+w 3080Ti) so I'm probably pulling over 900w from the wall for the whole system already.

I have since upgraded to a 1500w UPS, but my 6000btu AC unit will probably need to be upgraded next if I add another 200w of heat. I think I will wait until I can get a meaningful upgrade without crazy power draw.
That's mental. You be easily paying a lot of money on electricity.

You must surely have a limit on how much u spend on electricity alone?

Soldato
That's mental. You be easily paying a lot of money on electricity.

You must surely have a limit on how much u spend on electricity alone?

I don't think I spend enough time in the rig to kill my power bill. However, it only takes 10-15 minutes to heat the room up and make me miserable if I forget to turn on the window AC unit.

Caporegime
So how many 3000 series owners will be considering upgrading? IMO graphics are about as lifelike as we’re going to get as RT matures and already high end 3000 can run 60+ FPS at 4K in most games, even with ultra settings. Given 8k displays for PC use will always and forever remain out of reach or pointless for the majority, IMO Nvidia and AMD will start to run into major problems in the next 5-10 years in that graphic fidelity will reach an apex where any further upgrades are incremental and hardly visible unless you specifically look for them. At what point is any upgrade pointless?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So how many 3000 series owners will be considering upgrading?

I think a poll on this would be great. Although some found them easy enough to snag, there will be the masses that pondered over the prices or kept missing the FE lottery. It also depends on what nvidia want to command for their Ada cards now that they know what people can stump up..

Caporegime
So how many 3000 series owners will be considering upgrading? IMO graphics are about as lifelike as we’re going to get as RT matures and already high end 3000 can run 60+ FPS at 4K in most games, even with ultra settings. Given 8k displays for PC use will always and forever remain out of reach or pointless for the majority, IMO Nvidia and AMD will start to run into major problems in the next 5-10 years in that graphic fidelity will reach an apex where any further upgrades are incremental and hardly visible unless you specifically look for them. At what point is any upgrade pointless?

As long as price is reasonable i.e. no more than £750 at most...... as a 3080 owner (who got it for MSRP), I will be for these reasons:

- Want to get as close as possible to 140 or/and 170 fps (depending on the game) on my AW monitor, right now that is not possible in several RT titles, even 3090ti doesn't achieve it
- RT grunt/perf. just isn't there for titles using it heavily i.e. CP 2077, DL 2 and there will be more to come
- better to sell the 3080 and jump on newer tech, otherwise, you just lose value in the gpu the longer you keep it

Funny thing is, if I were gaming only on my 4k60 55" tv, I would probably keep the 3080 as it is easy to achieve 4k60 and if needs be, dlss balanced or even performance can be used when sitting 6/7 feet back i.e. it is very hard to notice the difference to dlss quality/native

Associate
Latest rumour:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 To Feature 16GB GDDR6 At $499 MSRP

ez6ndO7.png

Pretty sure the cuda cores is a typo, 9.7 maybe???

For comparison, a 3090ti specs:

CUDA cores - 8.6
RT cores - 84
Tensor cores - 336
Bus width - 384

Hopefully the 4080 will keep GDDR6x

192Bit bus would mean 12GB or 24GB not 16GB. Ehhh..., another fake specs made by tech illiterate.

9 728 cores would mean 76SM so AD103 die with 256 bit bus.

Back
Top Bottom