• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
The more rumours come out the more "downgrades navi31 gets"

First it was an MCM GPU massive beast the came the downgrades. Cut down to 1 GPU with 15k cores and 500mb infinity cache, then cut down to 12k cores and 380mb cache and then supposedly only launch q1 2023.

It's just had another spec update, instead of 32gb vram it's been cut down to 24gb, but there is an upgrade too - 256bit bus to 384bit so bandwidth now estimated at 800GB/s

It's all made up rubbish as always for click-baiting, just wait till AMD and Nvidia state the specs of these GPUs, all everyone is doing is feeding this rumour mill that never ends, even tech youtubers that were "respected" have gone down this same line now just to get clicks on their channels.

Only thing we know for sure is prices and power use is going up for both camps, anyone expecting a $700/£650 4080 is dreaming this time round, expect $999 at the top end for the FE model and AIBS to be more and if lucky $850 for the FE, these are not going to be cheap cards this time round due to the power circuitry required to run them and component prices have gone up and shipping since 2020 and just look at the state of the £ compared to the $ :eek:.

Soldato
It's all made up rubbish as always for click-baiting, just wait till AMD and Nvidia state the specs of these GPUs, all everyone is doing is feeding this rumour mill that never ends, even tech youtubers that were "respected" have gone down this same line now just to get clicks on their channels.

Only thing we know for sure is prices and power use is going up for both camps, anyone expecting a $700/£650 4080 is dreaming this time round, expect $999 at the top end for the FE model and AIBS to be more and if lucky $850 for the FE, these are not going to be cheap cards this time round due to the power circuitry required to run them and component prices have gone up and shipping since 2020 and just look at the state of the £ compared to the $ :eek:.

Im actually quite sick of the whole rumours and leaks industry, GPU's are getting worse they are reaching the level of iphones where there is entire youtube and twitter channels dedicated to just pumping out made up "leaks" every weak

Associate
Well I’m hoping for a July release as my 3090 just stopped working after gaming. Hopefully we are not looking at another nightmare release like on the 3xxx series where some people had to wait months.

Associate
I bought it from overclockers so should be within warranty but I just need to get my old psu and graphics card from storage to run a few tests and confirm it’s definitely the GPU rather than a PSU with a dodgy rail.

Soldato
Wouldn't it make sense for AMD to release a high end single die graphics card in 2022, that is as powerful as they can make it on TSMC's 5nm EUV process?

The way I see it, MCM is just bolt on performance, which loses some performance (likely 10 or 20%) between the interface, so it's probably something that can wait.

Soldato
Thinking of building a sff build next year with a Corsair sf750 power supply. I'm hoping it will be enough for a 4080 or a 4070. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Caporegime
Hopefully my EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 PLATINUM 850W will be up to the task of powering a lovely 4080 or 4070. Hopefully be able to undervolt considerably like you can with the ampere cards.

Back
Top Bottom