• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Associate
Heh, back to playing with their rumour channels and trying to throw AMD off the scent by spamming all possible configurations.

The one combination I've not seen yet is the one I'd be most interested in - 12GB of 20gbps GDDR6 (not 6X)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hot off the press!

Well, at least these specs make a little sense. The last ones did not seem right at all.

Assuming these specs and rumoured performance of 3090 Ti or better is real, the juicy question becomes “is 12GB VRAM enough?” :cry:

I should buy the 4070 over the 4080 just for the lols.

Associate
Hot off the press!

I just say wow, how this speculations change everyday by the consumer reactions! Nvidia can manipulate as much as they want until the actual race start.

Launch of 1630 and reductions on high end is not a coincidence for me. First they set joke MSRP for a joke card to make some people believe 40 series will be way too expensive than 30 and shortly after they introduce price reductions on 3090ti/3090/3080ti

BOOM

That rushed some users to obtain a 30 series card before anything change on market. That "limited time offer" was just a test.

If 4070 will performance match with 3090 I think we will have to wait Q1 23 for it.

Associate
I just say wow, how this speculations change everyday by the consumer reactions! Nvidia can manipulate as much as they want until the actual race start.

Launch of 1630 and reductions on high end is not a coincidence for me. First they set joke MSRP for a joke card to make some people believe 40 series will be way too expensive than 30 and shortly after they introduce price reductions on 3090ti/3090/3080ti

BOOM

That rushed some users to obtain a 30 series card before anything change on market. That "limited time offer" was just a test.

If 4070 will performance match with 3090 I think we will have to wait Q1 23 for it.

Here's hoping those rushing with the current drops are a relatively shallow pool... we need some more market pressure to counteract Nvidia/AMD recalibrating the market in their favour following the scarcity shenanigans.

Caporegime
Hot off the press!

12GB is good, i'm happy with that :)

Associate
Getting quite interested in what the 4070/4080 has to offer as looking to jump from my 2080ti. Any idea on the rumour mill what the comparable performance is like
Based on the leaked time spy extreme numbers 4080 should be roughly double 2080ti. While using about 1.5x the power.

That being said I'm still not sure I believe the power figures that are being thrown about. 425w for the base 4080 seems preposterous.

Associate
Kopite7Kimi is just another vehicle for Nvidia's marketing machine imho.

The truth seems to me to be an agenda to clear out Ampere stock with minimal price reductions, draw out AMD SKU info for RDNA3, create a market to sell next gen at maximum price. Once you accept that all these 'leaks' just appear as a component of that message.

Which leak exactly do you want to believe... that they are all true, none of them are true or simply they are testing a range of SKUs that may or may not represent the final product which btw Nvidia will segment and drip feed to the market when it suits them not you. The reality we as consumers face is unfortunately the option to buy or not buy once its available... that's it.

4070, 12GB, 192bit bus, release date, price - how does that compare to an MSRP 3080 (forget the 3090 that was one of the worst value GPUs in history of gaming), and how does that compare to the RDNA3 skus. We just aren't going to know any of that for another 2months+

The faster the 4070 becomes the lower the value of the 4090 represents and any reason to consider a GPU today over £350

Soldato
IMO there are three types of leaks.
1. BS leaks. I don't need to say any more.
2. Rogue employee. Rare but it does happen, it could be an engineer or a cleaner who happens to work there and hears a little too much.
3. The Markerting Machine. A company decision to feed information to certain influencers to start up the hype train and to gauge general market interest. This happens a lot more than people realise. If there is ever a leak about price. especially near release just assume it is the markerting machine trying to figure out the maximum price that people are willing to pay for a product. The stuff you say on forums and online can influence the final product and its price.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
4070, 12GB, 192bit bus, release date, price - how does that compare to an MSRP 3080 (forget the 3090 that was one of the worst value GPUs in history of gaming), and how does that compare to the RDNA3 skus. We just aren't going to know any of that for another 2months+

The faster the 4070 becomes the lower the value of the 4090 represents and any reason to consider a GPU today over £350

It will all hinge on this. Price will be critical. Availability might be harsh initially but shouldn't be as bad as Ampere release. It should be the sweet spot but not sure people that own a high end Ampere card might see a great improvement, but benchmarks from real people will give a clearer picture (but that's likely going to be early 2023 if any of these delays are accurate).

Soldato
Heh, back to playing with their rumour channels and trying to throw AMD off the scent by spamming all possible configurations.

The one combination I've not seen yet is the one I'd be most interested in - 12GB of 20gbps GDDR6 (not 6X)
I hold my hands up and say that I don't know anything about the manufacturing process of graphics cards, but are they really still tweaking the configuration at this stage? Surely they know and, while they might throw some more power and cooling on them to provide a bit more horse power, the general configuration from both parties has been firm for months? That is assuming NV aren't pushing it back by a year. It sounds a little tinfoil hat to me that the other party is paying any attention to these "leaks" at all and changing their configuration strategy accordingly. But what do i know..

Soldato
Based on the leaked time spy extreme numbers 4080 should be roughly double 2080ti. While using about 1.5x the power.

That being said I'm still not sure I believe the power figures that are being thrown about. 425w for the base 4080 seems preposterous.

Do we have any idea or ballpark on pricing or is the appropriate response to that, thanoseverything.gif

Back
Top Bottom