• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
:o

0384d2e6d51a06837dcf76c00423009041661d8aca4692e5b52d5ccb80c03a91.png
Who needs a case when it can just be balanced on the gpu. All the money you save on the case can go into the gpu. Which explains the price

Last edited:
Caporegime
3x the performance, 3x the heat and 3x the size :cry:
the NVidia Heater 4000 series coming this winter.

NVDA stock seems to be starting to decline... Maybe AMD can do better

Last edited:
Associate
i was just reviewing the video, there was an ada lovelace playing video games portrait created using mid-journey.. i was wondering if the presentation was actually made by a deep fake instead of huang himself

Nvidia showcasing an absolute master class in marketing & reframing. No way could they have sold you more performance at a competitive pf/$ versus the mountains of miner Ampere cards so they decide to sell fake performance with DLSS 3 and keeping it to new cards only. Plus it can also double as a fake reference when compared to AMD too (remember all the DLSS 1.0 comparisons way back when, when it wasn't even better than a sharpening filter; not that it stopped the masses from focusing on the fake). And all the typical outlets (like the perennial Nvidia brown-nosers at DF) will champion it as a major achievement. RTX 2.0

shia-labeouf-neverending-applause-rhighqualitygifs.gif
i think dlss 3 requires low precision hardware, the guy did talk about a Hopper FP8 Transformation Engine.. i would wait for white papers but it seems the new tensor cores support new formats in hardware hence why dlss 3 is limited to rtx 40..

Last edited:
Soldato
The value of money is relative. It is totally dependent on your circumstances. I see the 4090 as being good value compared to the 3090 Ti.

Looking at your reply, you come across as immature.
My reply had little to do with perceived value. It had mostly to do with the fact that you're looking to pre-order a card before official retailer pricing has been announced, before any benchmarks have been shown publicly, before any raster performance or non-DLSS performance has been seen and before any announcement or benchmarks from AMD regarding their RDNA3 performance.

Preordering a 4090 right now is absolutely stupid, regardless of personal circumstances.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,

I’ve been off the grid for the last few days due to work.

I’ve tried to read all the reply from today with the announcement being made but I’m getting my lost with prices and performance and so on.

Can someone give me a quick break down?.

All I need to know will it be a worth the upgrade from a 2080ti to the 4080/ti and will my Corsair RM 1000w be ok to run this?.

Thank you

Stu

Stu

Soldato
the asus 4090 and 4090 STRIX cards are ******* HUGE!!!!!

Not to worry, "With a quality power supply in place (like our ROG Thor 1200P2), you should have no problem driving this beast of a graphics card"... £300 PSU got you covered :D

After reading all the discussion on prices, I honestly misread a line on that page... "All of this comes with the same high-end price ROG Strix cards are known for." (original is "features")

Soldato
Hey all,

I’ve been off the grid for the last few days due to work.

I’ve tried to read all the reply from today with the announcement being made but I’m getting my lost with prices and performance and so on.

Can someone give me a quick break down?.

All I need to know will it be a worth the upgrade from a 2080ti to the 4080/ti and will my Corsair RM 1000w be ok to run this?.

Thank you
At the announced prices Wait for the 5000 series. Your 2080ti is fine

Back
Top Bottom