• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
So nearly every partner card has three fans on the front, none on the back.

The FE is quite a unique design. Is it better or worse? Cost saving or actually really good? I'm wondering if it would be nosier because of its design or quieter.

Anyone got any insight?

I've seen one AIB 4090 that has a fan on the back

Caporegime
So nearly every partner card has three fans on the front, none on the back.

The FE is quite a unique design. Is it better or worse? Cost saving or actually really good? I'm wondering if it would be nosier because of its design or quieter.

Anyone got any insight?

It depends on your case and airflow setup. I can imagine the FE would work really well in a fractal torrent for example.

Soldato
I've got a 5000D 3 front intake, 3 side intake, 1 back exhaust, 2 top, exhaust.

I'm not worried about length of these cards, but I am worried about width and the 5000D is a pretty big case!

Associate
It would seem they have already forgotten about that switch, then, as there's no reason to lock them down like that anymore. Well, we'll find out tomorrow, I suppose.
I called them about it and apparently they have no control over it. Completely down to Nvidia to sort out there end. So will probably be a cluster what not.

Associate
Scalpers will scalp anything if they can make £500.
If these sell out, which certainly FE will - Then they will be on eBay for over £2k

People were stupid enough to pay over £2k for the 3090.
Coming back to my original point. You can't do that unless you're sure it's going to go out of stock. All models, everywhere. And the 4090 won't IMO. And I think scalpers know that – they're not that stupid. This is a completely different situation to the 3000-series launch. In every way.

Soldato
I've got a 5000D 3 front intake, 3 side intake, 1 back exhaust, 2 top, exhaust.

I'm not worried about length of these cards, but I am worried about width and the 5000D is a pretty big case!

Yeah the motherboard to side panel distance is really going to be tested with these new cards. Good excuse for case makers to make new versions of small cases that tick the box of fitting a wide-boy.

Associate
Coming back to my original point. You can't do that unless you're sure it's going to go out of stock. All models, everywhere. And the 4090 won't IMO. And I think scalpers know that – they're not that stupid. This is a completely different situation to the 3000-series launch. In every way.
True but within a few hrs we shall see 4090's on ebay over 2k as only One card per customer on all AIB and Founders again ...

Back
Top Bottom