• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
The 12VHPWR connector is up there with connectors I really hate like the fragile USB 3.0 header and I am not happy when I have to use it. They could have doubled the size of the connector and still be smaller than the current 3x or 4x 8 pin designs, and with the pins spread out a bit more and be a bit thicker could have been more robust. Why make the connector so small and fragile then shove way more power through it I'll never know.

Caporegime
CableMod are desperate to sell cables shocker, The amount they spam reddit completely put me off them.

a tiny 0.1% of people might get issues with their connector but lets try to make out it's the norm

This is the guys PC btw

OGLop5V.png
looks like the cable is kinda bend a lot towards the side

Last edited:
Associate
If Nvidia shipped a right angle connector by default (same for AIBs) then surely that would have been far better as you wouldn't need to bend the cable near the pins, cable would have neatly come out of the GPU, straight down and then you can bend the cable far away from the plug. Better for the connector and looks nicer as well.

Last edited:
Associate
If Nvidia shipped a right angle connector by default (same for AIBs) then surely that would have been far better as you wouldn't need to bend the cable near the pins, cable would have neatly come out of the GPU, straight down and then you can bend the cable far away from the plug. Better for the connector and looks nicer as well.
We definitely need a right angle adapator. There should be someone that makes them

Soldato
We definitely need a right angle adapator. There should be someone that makes them

Cablemods are releasing one soon, plus der8auer is collaborating with another company to make "wireview" - a right angle connector with power OLED, showing power use in realtime and also doing logging. Will probably go for Wireview myself

Soldato

I'd prefer a 180 degree connector to get the cable fully out of the way.

Associate
Well I bought 4090 for 3440x1440 and its still not enough :D CB2077 dips below 60fps without DLSS(and gaming on fast screen like oled reveals that DLSS Q in motion is still worse than native)
That's close to 4k that's an exception: DI agree though, Since getting this I don't like using DLSS if I can help it, I much prefer native as I can tell the difference, There's nothing like the clarity and sharpness of native.

Soldato
They seem to have really dug themselves a hole with this cable. I can see them starting to refuse returns with melted sockets before long. I mean if they are getting problems with the 4090 things will go crazy with the 4090ti.

Caporegime
They seem to have really dug themselves a hole with this cable. I can see them starting to refuse returns with melted sockets before long. I mean if they are getting problems with the 4090 things will go crazy with the 4090ti.
because one guy who bent the plug had a burnt connector? how many GPU did they sell now must be tens of thousands.

Better odds of winning the lottery, doesn't mean im going to go and buy a ticket, nor be put off by a 4090

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom