• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Anyone any ideas on a PC rebooting when starting games? Have a 4090 Trinity OC and have replaced the PSU (originally had an 850w, bumped it to 1000w), reinstalled windows, updated mobs bios, installed latest drivers, reseated everything in the PC.

Tried a different GPU, no issue.

At my wits end.

Very annoying. Which PSU have you got? No teaching you to suck eggs but have you 4 seperate PCI-E power connections from your PSU? Not daisy chained. Or yopu get an ATX 5.0 PSU with dedicated 12 pin connector?

Last edited:
Associate
Very annoying. Which PSU have you got? No teaching you to suck eggs but have you 4 seperate PCI-E power connections from your PSU? Not daisy chained. Or yopu get an ATX 5.0 PSU with dedicated 12 pin connector?
Corsair RM1000x PSU, all separate power connections from the PSU (4 in total).

Soldato
sounds like a plan undervolting it, my leccy bill is stupid (£1200/month), the TT case allows me to change the orientation of the gpu so that might help with the zotac. Not that bothered about benchmarking, so long as the 4090 will improve the VR experience
I run mine at 950v 2.7 core + 800 on the memory, keeps it at 300w or so. Literally no loss in performance in games at all and saves up to 150w most of the time.

Associate
So I have an ASUS PSU with the native 16pin (two 8 pins on psu side to 1 16pin on gpu) It is a very chonky cable at the gpu end. Obviously want to use this cable if possible but will need to bend this to fit in the case with the TUF 4090 in the Lian Li Evo case with EKWB on it. Any views on the best course of action. Go with the 'dodgy' splitter cable adapter that won't need too much bending or bend the ASUS one I got with the psu... Hoping to get the cablemod 90 degree one at some point!

Last edited:
Soldato
Corsair RM1000x PSU, all separate power connections from the PSU (4 in total).

Search event veiwer>custom views>administrative events

AND

Windows Logs>system

Look in here at the time of the crash and see what errors/warnings etc are thrown from the system when you boot a game.

Sounds like that card is borked and unstable. I'd also try underclocking the card - though on booting a game it really isn't drawing loads of power until you load the game save itself - or is this when it crashes?

This is quite a handy crash analyzer too https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Last edited:
Soldato
4090 at £1700 is a lot, but actually when looking at alternatives, the man maths kinda pushes you towards it.

I'm seeing the exact opposite, people asking for cards at sensible prices, so are looking at 6900XT's, and below the £400-650 bracket is becoming almost as popular as the <£300. People waking up to being ripped off, especially when you show them a decent full system build for the cost of a graphics card alone.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm seeing the exact opposite, people asking for cards at sensible prices, so are looking at 6900XT's, and below the £400-650 bracket is becoming almost as popular as the <£300. People waking up to being ripped off, especially when you show them a decent full system build for the cost of a graphics card alone.

Indeed, but some of us are gaming at 4K 144hz :p

I don't consider a 6900XT an alternative to the 4090 at 4K 144hz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed, but some of us are gaming at 4K 144hz :p

I don't consider a 6900XT an alternative to the 4090 at 4K 144hz.

The point being people are willing to have less Hz/FPS as principles start to take hold at the costs involved start to become just plain daft. Yes, we know you change your systems more often than you change your underpants, but you are the 1% of the 1% of the 1%.

• Haha
Reactions: LiE

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The point being people are willing to have less Hz/FPS as principles start to take hold at the costs involved start to become just plain daft. Yes, we know you change your systems more often than you change your underpants, but you are the 1% of the 1% of the 1%.

Personally I have to use 4K 27", text clarity is at the very top of my list for work. After that I cannot stand a less than buttery gaming experience. But yes, you are right, I am special :D

I simply decided not to buy this years £1100 iPhone and went with the 4090 instead :p

Back
Top Bottom