• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Supposedly the AMP editions of the Zotac 4070ti (which will be available worldwide) will retail at more than $1000 which presumably translates to more than £1000 here. Source
Like I said, the GPU market is a FARSE, and any retailer/manufacturer that takes part in selling these wares are just as responsible for the problem of GREED. Boycott them all, DO NOT BUY GPU's from OCUK or any retailer that stocks them. You vote with your wallet like this for just 6 months and I promise you, you will never have such GPU issues again, but people cannot control their urges, so ain't never gonna happen......very sad.

Associate
How do I buy a 4000 series FE card in the UK?

Is this being done partly through the Geforce experience app, by offering upgrades to previous gen Nvidia customers?

Or, is it all through the Nvidia FE shop pages?
The offer through the app was briefly a thing, then you had to register on a page on the Nvidia US website. Not heard of anyone in the UK being offered one since then.
I might have bought an FE but my 3090FE with 100 degree vram, jet turbine fans and terrible coil whine has put me off them.
Found the AIB card I wanted at a terrible price rather than the outrageous price that most places were asking.

Soldato
Supposedly the AMP editions of the Zotac 4070ti (which will be available worldwide) will retail at more than $1000 which presumably translates to more than £1000 here. Source
For the first time in a long time, this will be Nvidias lowest sales for everything below a 4090. No Miners to sell to, gamers don't want to pay these prices. I wonder what they will do long term.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
For the first time in a long time, this will be Nvidias lowest sales for everything below a 4090. No Miners to sell to, gamers don't want to pay these prices. I wonder what they will do long term.
pull a amd and relaunch them next year (oops this year!!!) as a half gen upgrade with all the spare's maybe with a slight clock bump for the same price but claim its much better value.

Last edited:
Soldato
pull a amd and relaunch them next year (oops this year!!!) as a half gen upgrade with all the spare's maybe with a slight clock bump for the same price but claim its much better value.
Wouldn't surprise me at all, pressure must be mounting on nvidia soon. I can't imagine a company like nvidia not turning a profit. Would also really love to know how much these cards really cost to make and if its as much as jensen makes it to be when he said MLID.

Soldato
The offer through the app was briefly a thing, then you had to register on a page on the Nvidia US website. Not heard of anyone in the UK being offered one since then.
I might have bought an FE but my 3090FE with 100 degree vram, jet turbine fans and terrible coil whine has put me off them.
Found the AIB card I wanted at a terrible price rather than the outrageous price that most places were asking.

Don't let it put you off as the 4090 is quiet as a mouse and memory temps don't get above 60c. Mine is now on water but it never made a lot of noise on the stock cooler.

This was an hour of gaming today

4090-temps.png

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Wouldn't surprise me at all, pressure must be mounting on nvidia soon. I can't imagine a company like nvidia not turning a profit. Would also really love to know how much these cards really cost to make and if its as much as jensen makes it to be when he said MLID.

Your also discounting the abundance of ampere stock people have been buying last year, the reality of that is they are not going to want an Ada card so soon.

Soldato

I really don't see the point in Nvidia releasing any 70 or 80 class cards in the future, if they stick with this absurd pricing structure, TBH.

The 90 class cards are now so far and away superior that they are cannibalising sales of the 80 class and the 70 class are now too expensive for their traditional buyer.

Associate
Don't let it put you off as the 4090 is quiet as a mouse and memory temps don't get above 60c. Mine is now on water but it never made a lot of noise on the stock cooler.

This was an hour of gaming today
I went with an AIB card with a pre installed block, seeing similar temps to you.
My plan was to get an AIB air cooled card and see how I got on with it for noise and then put a block on if need be. The pre blocked card came up somewhere at an ok price so I went with the easy option. Quicker to stick it in the loop than strip stuff out to make room for an air cooled card.

Associate
Just curious as an outside observer... did any of you that bought a 4000 series card have to change case to accommodate it, or were you good to go?

I have a meshify C and the Palit Gamerock doesn’t really fit… you CAN make it but it literally touches on both sides…

I have a second PC which is i5-12400f in a Corsair airflow 400d and it fits perfectly fine… a bit annoying as my meshify has a 5800x and a great air cooler (so is a marginally better system) and I don’t really want to swap everything out! Probably just go with the intel i5-12400 and see if it’s bottlnecking hardcore at 1440p.. but I think 5800x and 12400 are pretty similar

Caporegime
Yeah I didn't want that. Plus I had a bad experience with the 3090 FE cards (had two of them) with the memory hitting 110c and the fan speed ramping to 100%. Since then I stopped using the FE cards and went AIB, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3090 TI (wonderful cooler) and now the Palit GameRock 4090. Also a great cooler but not quite as good as the previous Gigabyte. Funnily enough it seems like the Gigabyte Gaming OC for the 4090 is not as good and slightly worse than the GameRock.
So overall you seem very happy with your 4090 then Matt? Yeah the 2 year warranty is a bit lame, but many manufacturers are moving towards that now.

Soldato
Thanks, I assume you are happy with yours and if so what are its strong points? :)

Loving it, Strong points would be the cooler is fantastic, Decently quiet too and an all round great card :)

Embarrassing, I meant the DLSS3. I'm really hoping there are a fewer options on the Nvidia software, then there was on the AMD one

Nvidia made the naming scheme a little weird this time around, DLSS3 is really just a catch all term that encompasses 3 x Nvidia technologies -
  • Super Resolution, Formerly known as DLSS2
  • Frame Generation
  • Reflex
It's supported on a game by game basis so the game devs have to actually implement it and include the necessary toggles in the graphics/display menu :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom