• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
have you tried the latest bios for your card i recall seeing a bios update for mine which mentioned a black screen issue on startup on monitor, so i installed it as i also have a multi monitor setup and my system always goes to the correct screen now, its worth a shot if you havent updated
Thanks mate but I think I am on the latest BIOS sadly.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone got the Gainward 4090 Phantom? I know it only uses 3 x 8 pin so is limited to 450W but it seems like a decent card for around FE price?

Associate
I did an undervolt yesterday to around 800mv and just realised it was not game stable and was causing problems. I have now upped the undervolt to 1000 and stuck it on the silent BIOS so I will see how that goes!

Good job you bought that 4090 then! :D
hehe, i do play the odd game that utilises the power :)

I found going lower than 950mV wasn't stable for my target speeds, worked up from 2600mhz and settled on 2700mhz.

Caporegime
Last time it was ~5 months from 3090 to 3060 releases.

That would put it at March time for 4060. But given the 4070 isn't out yet, wouldn't be surprised if later.
hope so kinda looking for a new gpu but its either over priced nvidia 3 series or 4 series or amd cards some with issues.

Caporegime
Oh, you didn't see the memo from Jensen then?

Locked to be 4 series only, no AI for lesser plebs.
The crazy thing is that this, combined with DLSS3, may make a 4090 maintain competitive performance well into the next generation of GPU's. We may now be on a 3-4 year upgrade cycle, at least those happy with up to 4k120hz!

Soldato
The crazy thing is that this, combined with DLSS3, may make a 4090 maintain competitive performance well into the next generation of GPU's. We may now be on a 3-4 year upgrade cycle, at least those happy with up to 4k120hz!

It's a nice thought but I'm sure we'll end up locked out of some new feature that will engage the FOMO.

Back
Top Bottom