• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
My gigabyte xtreme AIO 4090 is 3kg for the total package. Dont know how much just the GPU is but the GPU plus the radiator is 3kg. I did a random search to see what the weight of an empty 360mm radiator is and it's around 1.3kg and with water inside probably about 1.4kg, then add another 300 to 400grams for the 3 fans on the radiator. I dunno how much the tubing weighs but probably not much, and then that leaves about 1.2kg for just the GPU. I'm not using a bracket or stand and it has no sag due to that low weight of the card

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Super sales so far not so Super...

Good. Maybe they will price the 5000 series more sanely. Greedy buggers. They should just make their money from people like Mark Zuckerberg and yourself. The rest of us should get sane options.

Charge whatever you want for the 5090. But keep the 5080 and below priced properly. Hell, at this point i am even willing to say use the 5080 to bridge the gap like they did with the 4080. Therefore keep 5070 Ti and below priced properly.

The 5070 Ti should be $649 and the gap should not be more than 40% between it and the 5090 imo. That ****** would sell like hot cakes.

Oh and make sure the 5070 Ti has at least 16GB Jensen. Not been fun talking about vram since LtMatt got perma banned from the GPU section and gpuerrila got castrated by the mods. Tommy tries his best, but only so much he can do alone the poor lad :p:D

Soldato
According to HUB it weighs 2149g - That's the card alone, with the AIO the total weight is 3.6KG :p

For reference, the Zotac 4090 I have is 2.98KG :eek:

It does look too cool though, would suit my case,, but the price is simply absurd lol.
That’s what people would have said about a 2k GPU a few years ago yet here we are, roll on another 4 years and you’ll be thinking £3500 is good value for a 6090 as it’s 3x faster than a 4090.

Associate
4070Ti Super will probably sell a bit better, even retailers don't want the 4070 Super hah.
If people didnt want to pay £599 for a 4070 super, they wont buy a Ti, people dont want to pay over £200/£300 for a GPU and theres no upgrade in this price bracket.

I dont know why people think high prices will still sell, we are going back to the old days of only enthusiast's pay for this kinda thing which reverts back to PC gaming being fringe again.

Most new people to PC gaming hobby aren't doing it for the AAA games, they are doing it for games like Valorant.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm sticking with PT only games being another 5+ years, short of a massive technological change. PT only modes, sure. But no game (outside of tech demos) being RT/PT only.

Because between them, the 4080+4090 only make ~1.5% on the steam survey... and I'm not convinced even they would make as well as you think.
3060ti should be wide spread. See below, it can do decent, with FSR 3 even better. If he'd drop DLSS to Balanced or Performance (still good looking even at 1080p), would perform very well. 2080/s, should be about the same, probably 2070/s a bit worse, while 2080ti will do better (obviously).

Alas, my initial comment was more about the power of the consoles. IF they could do RT/PT quite well, devs wouldn't care that much about weaker PCs. Shame is that Microsoft and Sony don't go with nVIDIA. That truly would be next gen :)

Soldato
3060ti should be wide spread. See below, it can do decent, with FSR 3 even better. If he'd drop DLSS to Balanced or Performance (still good looking even at 1080p), would perform very well. 2080/s, should be about the same, probably 2070/s a bit worse, while 2080ti will do better (obviously).

Alas, my initial comment was more about the power of the consoles. IF they could do RT/PT quite well, devs wouldn't care that much about weaker PCs. Shame is that Microsoft and Sony don't go with nVIDIA. That truly would be next gen :)
Sure, if people what to pay £999 for a playstation. Consoles gamer's are the ultimate casuals, they do not know what half the technological jargon means and do not give a rats arse.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the article that says the 4070 Super sales are poor and the reference/source is MLID. :rolleyes:

MLID said the 4070 sold poorly too, yet according to steam (who provides actual data, unlike MLID's "trust me bro" statements) the 4070 has sold at least 1.4 million units, which is more than all rx7000 GPUs combined. Yet MLID never makes a amd sold poorly video..

By MLID's standards, if he puts out a video saying Nvidia is selling poorly, then it means AMD Radeon by comparison is completely dead

Last edited:
Soldato
Basing hardware sales on the random steam survey is not the best indicator of a cards popularity. That guy who posts the mindfactory sales data shows the 7800xt outselling the 4070, that's more accurate than steam.

Reviewers have shone the spotlight on vram and gamers baulk at the sight of 12gb at £600 in 2024, 4070s will be another lame duck. I can guarantee the 5070 will ship with min 16gb.

Associate
MLID said the 4070 sold poorly too, yet according to steam (who provides actual data, unlike MLID's "trust me bro" statements) the 4070 has sold at least 1.4 million units, which is more than all rx7000 GPUs combined. Yet MLID never makes a amd sold poorly video..

By MLID's standards, if he puts out a video saying Nvidia is selling poorly, then it means AMD Radeon by comparison is completely dead
1.4 million is a lot but not enough.

PS5 is around 50 million sold, and Xbox around 30 million sold and still growing.

AMD shot themselves in the foot though when the spent nearly a year or a year down the line to release the 7800XT which did well for what it is, as though still overpriced, was within a price range that people could stomach with a stretch, this is what AMD should have done early on but didn't, someone at AMD needs to get punched for something they had a open goal for.

Associate
So this just turned up:

zZY79Y4.jpg

i4SyfPj.jpg
lol, and will look stupid by a £800 card in less than a year, ouch....

Back
Top Bottom