• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA App Settings

Associate
Hi All,

just installed the new NVIDIA App but can only seem to find about 8 basic global graphics settings. Gsync, Vsync, Shader Cache, Power etc. I have looked extensively but cannot seem to find any of the other settings like, Custom resolution, Colour management, scaling, aspect ratio.

Even the basic settings are missing a ton of what was available with the old panel. I can't even change to 10bit colour as I am now stuck on 8bit after installing the new drivers.

Am I missing something here or have NVIDIA taken most of it out? Are they going to add them when it comes out of Beta?

Last edited:
Soldato
No, you're not missing anything. The current version of the app is more of a Geforce Experience replacement, that will start to absorb the functionality of the control panel and replace it as time goes by. Right now you still need Nvidia Control Panel for a lot of functionality, but the end goal is both Experience/Control Panel will eventually be replaced by Nvidia App, and Experience already has been.

Associate
OP
No, you're not missing anything. The current version of the app is more of a Geforce Experience replacement, that will start to absorb the functionality of the control panel and replace it as time goes by. Right now you still need Nvidia Control Panel for a lot of functionality, but the end goal is both Experience/Control Panel will eventually be replaced by Nvidia App, and Experience already has been.
Okay thanks. Wasn't sure if that was it or they will eventually transfer all settings over. I'm only really interested in the settings and not the experience app. I will use the old panel for now.

Back
Top Bottom