• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia DLSS 5 months on-a win or fail?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fail. Hardly any support for it and current implementation is fail anyways.

RTX probably won’t be worth it for another 2-3 years at the rate they are going. I actually might even not bother upgrading my PC for a very long time and just get a PS5 and be done with it. Not enough time to game these days so a PS5, Switch and huge Steam library to revisit is more than enough.

Soldato
Epic failure! Nvidia said it would give image quality that of 4k or better but at a much better performance.
This isn't the case it looks much worse than 4k plus performance on games is not has good we all led to believe.
The benchmarks show good results but that is simply from they can get the AI consistent with each run.

Soldato
Epic failure! Nvidia said it would give image quality that of 4k or better but at a much better performance.
This isn't the case it looks much worse than 4k plus performance on games is not has good we all led to believe.
The benchmarks show good results but that is simply from they can get the AI consistent with each run.
What you said just reminded me of SSHD.

Basically it offer performance benefit only if the same things have been ran a dozen times, but anything that's new it offer little to none benefit :p

Not sure if any gamers will be playing games running the same scenes over and over again like benchmark does, unless we are talking games like Killing Floors 2 or Left4Dead 2, or grinding games like Monster Hunter World etc.

Soldato
Fail.

You get a clearer image AND better fps by just turning the render scale or resolution down. DLSS looks crap because it's upscaling a downscaled image, so you get a kind of "stretched" image as a result.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fail.

You get a clearer image AND better fps by just turning the render scale down. DLSS looks crap because it's upscaling a downscaled image, so you get a kind of "stretched" image as a result.

Well, at least we have the stunning RTX effects of Metro:Exodus.

Errrr.............

:D

Soldato
I don't quite understand why it needs game-level support. Surely this is something that could be applied/configured at the driver-level. At least it would then be available across a much larger range titles and offer more potential to those that want to use it.

Associate
At the moment it's kind of on par with hairworks. If you want to play final fantasy xv - does anyone? - you get slightly nicer looking hair.
Someone at Nvidia must think we want to play Virtual Haidresser.
At the price, the cards should be 4k capable, without upscaling 1440p

Soldato
At the moment it's kind of on par with hairworks. If you want to play final fantasy xv - does anyone? - you get slightly nicer looking hair.
Someone at Nvidia must think we want to play Virtual Haidresser.
At the price, the cards should be 4k capable, without upscaling 1440p

Witcher 3 is the only other game I can think of with hairworks. But no one used it at the time because it killed FPS for slightly nicer looking hair.

I don't know why Nvidia wastes time developing this tat.

Back
Top Bottom