• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia driver 460.79 creates huge CPU latency

Soldato
I updated from the 445.87 drivers which i've been using for some time without any problems.
Over the 6-12 months i've tried numerous other drivers and always restore my machine back to these

Cyberpunk game ready drivers are 460.79 so decided to give them a try

In Warzone and Modern Warfare, they increase CPU Time from 2 / 3ms to 10 / 11ms.
The FPS sis the same (capped at 90fps) but something doesnt feel right and feels no where near as fluid.

GPU Time stays the same, around 8ms

System

Ryzen 5800X, PBO auto
EVGA 2080Ti @2010/7800
32GB DDR 4 3800Mhz / CAS14

Why would GPU drivers create CPU latency?

Man of Honour
GPU drivers are one of the most real time intensive parts of the system and often where things like unstable overclocks or failing RAM manifest themselves despite not actually being a problem with the GPU.

Soldato
OP
GPU drivers are one of the most real time intensive parts of the system and often where things like unstable overclocks or failing RAM manifest themselves despite not actually being a problem with the GPU.
I doubt I have unstable overclocks. RAM I have recently stability tested for hours with TestMem5 v0.12 Extreme1@anta777. CPU with AIDA64 overnight, same with Prime95 and many runs of Cinebench
GPU has been fine game and benchmark wise for over a year (other than trying new Nvidia drivers)
The only issue here seems to be the newer driver. Someone else mentioned they noticed similar

Man of Honour
Wasn't implying the latency was due to instability - just a bit of a side note. Although RAM not being entirely happy even if it tests stable can sometimes result in high latency.

Associate
There's an extra option now on the colour tab for accurate vs reference colour. Does the problem go away if you change it?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Yea..... i'll be giving these a miss then. thanks for the heads up.
I wouldnt give them a miss, just take a clone / system backup before using them. Takes me ~2 mins to revert my OS so doesnt matter if they work or not.
Never know, they could work ok for you :)

Soldato
OP
460.89 also do the same. I have tried different low latency modes and still the CPU time is 11ms. Back to my system restore and 445.87 drivers again

Soldato
I'm getting about 7ms CPU time in Warzone with Cyberpunk drivers, looks like update is out - do you get lower with older drivers still?

Edit: Should add that above is with a 141 frame cap and is more like 5/6ms if I turn the cap off.

If you are capping at 90 then the CPU time would reflect that cap which looks about right to me :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom