• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia gameworks - Game over for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
I.do.not.care.one.jot.about.AMD

Well thats just idiotic. If AMD disappear expect to pay £2000 for a basic graphics card from Nvidea that after 12 months will be gimped with drivers forcing you to buy another £2000 card that has the same performance of the previous one. Is that a situation you want to be in?

We should ALL be hoping for a near 50/50 market share between Nvidia and AMD and any company found deliberately gimping cards, dirty tricks against competitors punished severely.
Even better would be to have more than just Nvidia and AMD making GPU's.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You can't compare a GFX card to a potential life saving drug.

Put it this way. Would you pay £2000 for a 390 GPU?

Honestly, if it was the only option to game, the yes, I would probably have to save up and buy one yes. sadly.
Yes my pricing was an exaduration. of course. but prices would rise significantly, and performance increases would slow dramatically.

Soldato
OP
They spend billions in R&D on many medicines only when they have one they can market they have to charge a large amount at first to recoup the costs already incurred.

errrr, that's why.

Actually they don't spend billions. most new cancer drugs come from small independent research companies. And are then bought out by the big boys who sell them at the high price. Yes there are R&D costs involved but no more than GPU R&D costs.

Soldato
OP
Seems to be a fundamental issue with AMD fanboys spelling words how they pronounce them. Have they got spell check working in their drivers yet to render the red squiggle underneath?

wow.. spelling? seriously? Im typing on my phone. Apologies for the spelling error. I'm not a fan boy. I alternate GPU vendor actually. My last card was Nvidia. I just want a fair level playing field for all of us. If AMD was the focus of the video then I would say the exact same thing about them. I only want the best GPUs for all of us. And the best tech and best pricing only comes through healthy competition.

would a fanboy say this is a previous thread?
I'd have to agree. If you have the money that really is the perfect gaming sweet spot just now. 980Ti and 1440p.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18715269&page=2&highlight=username_beany_bot

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The video tells us nothing of what driver is used when they are doing the test

I really don't want to fan any flames here but what has the driver got to do with, for example the excessive (gimping) levels of polygons placed in flat objects, or indeed the massive water tessellation going on under the ground as shown in the video which massively nerfed AMD cards and older Nvidia cards? That for me is the big story here.

Soldato
OP
the hardware cannucks review contradicts just about every other review. Look around and there is loads of evidence. the guy in the video shows plenty of evidence yet you are writing him off. He uses different sights and sources to do so.

Not to mention every single Hardware Cannucks video on youtube starts with "brought to you with our partners Nvidia".

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom