• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
I have a hard time believing anyone will have stock on the day of release given how quick these got released

I think best bet was Nvidia pre-order... but OCUK I hope you prove us all wrong!

I would love to buy one on release day :)

MSI or EVGA FE

Associate
the only thing I would say, I don't really understand the rush. Remember how it was with the 1080? People bought whatever was available even if it wasn't what they actually wanted. So what if it takes 2 months until there is proper stock? Just wait a bit and it's probably better if you don't pre-order from day 1 either. I have seen cases where people who pre-ordered late received their cards before people who did it from the get go :)

Associate
I really hope we don't have the same issue as last year when there were no decent custom cards for months. My 1080 will be gone this week and I don't want to be tempted to buy a FE card.

Soldato
the only thing I would say, I don't really understand the rush. Remember how it was with the 1080? People bought whatever was available even if it wasn't what they actually wanted. So what if it takes 2 months until there is proper stock? Just wait a bit and it's probably better if you don't pre-order from day 1 either. I have seen cases where people who pre-ordered late received their cards before people who did it from the get go :)

It took me over 2 months to wait. I'm in no rush this time. I'll wait until may at least. Want to see what others bring.

Associate
I think it's time to finally retire my faithful Titan X (Maxwell). Unlike the boggo 1080 it's a nice jump and unlike the Pascal Titan I don't need to flog a kidney.

Associate
Do we have any idea when Volta is supposed to be released? :p If it's coming later this year, I wouldn't buy a gtx 1080 ti now.

Back
Top Bottom