• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
If its anything like the TitanXP was it will go as follows.

Card charged
Hear nothing
See other people getting their cards
Still hear nothing
Come home to find box waiting.
Later that day get a dispatch email from Digital River telling you that your new card is on its way and you will get it in 2 to 3 days
Next day get an email with a Tracking number on it which shows you received your item the day before.

They are bloody useless and the majority of Titan buyers got their cards before they knew they had being dispatched. I can only remember one guy saying he got his dispatch email about an hour before it turned up.
LMAO, that is top notch right there :D

Reminds me of ordering my Rift. Ordered within 2 minutes, test payment made and no worries, heard nothing for months, they then tried to take the funds but got declined due to where they were based, so I phoned up my bank, they said no worries, they just have to resubmit and it will go through, so within 5 mins, told Oculus and got a response 2 weeks after (sent tons of emails) saying we will be trying again over the next month. So many like me as well and shocking CS. Took roughly 2 months to get my order after others had got theirs.

Caporegime
If I can give anyone any advice who has ordered from NVidia, phone up your bank or CC company and inform them that money will be taken out from whoever took the test payment or they might well block it like they did with me on my Rift.

Associate
Does too much RAM result in a lower OC..? Or what? Never OC'd, no idea.

yes the more sticks you have the more stress the memory controller is under.. but I thought it only effected ram frequency not CPU

on another note.. does anyone know when Nvidia will allow preorders again?? pretty lame stuck on ''Notify Me''

maybe it might be worth waiting for an MSI or EVGA FE .. to get 3 years warranty instead of 2 and watercooling warranty too.. hmmm

Last edited:
Associate
They haven't charged mine either and I ordered within minutes of it opening.

They haven't done a £1 test charge either....I'm guessing I'm not going to get a card! :o

did anyone use paypal? or cards

I wonder if anyone used paypal and got charged straight away or if it went to ''pending''

Soldato
They haven't charged mine either and I ordered within minutes of it opening.

They haven't done a £1 test charge either....I'm guessing I'm not going to get a card! :o

Same no test charge on my CC, unless it's down to the bank (Nationwide) but I've had no emails saying they couldn't take payment etc. Other transactions have appeared on my card before and after me ordering the 1080ti.

Soldato
edit: ignore

I haven't had any test charges either. Just 2 emails from Nvidia. I emailed them to ask and their response was:
'We are able to assist you with any issues related to purchase from our store, however our knowledge is limited to the product information that is available on our store website. '

Last edited:
Associate
Thats how you should always do it. Either go 80>80>80 or Ti>Ti>Ti or Titan>Titan>Titan as each normally a 50% gain so you notice a differerence.
Depends on how long you wait, my original Titans to 1080 ti would be good. I would have been interested in the last Titans but the new price point well put me off!! 1080 ti's are a lot more civil.

Back
Top Bottom