• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
I am also wondering whether to just go for the 1080ti FE. I tried several custom GTX 1080's and the FE version, and I saw no real OC or performance increase in the custom cards compared to the FE card. If the silicone lottery isn't on your side, does it really matter how fancy the card is?

Manual overclock performance your correct a FE could hit just as high on the other pascal cards as the custom boards it seemed. Heck one of my FE's did 2175 Mhz, better then a strix OC I used. But it comes at the expense of needing the fan ramped up considerably. With normal settings I found the FE to run pretty quiet, but start wanting to maintain a higher boost then the fan needed ramping and got louder then most similar AIB cards with large fans running at lower RPM.

I thought the refresh was just faster memory on the cards? If there's going to be a refresh on Pascal before Volta I may wait for the better chips.

That is what I thought too. Refresh of the current cards out to get them up to 1080Ti memory speeds.

Associate
Still not sure on if i should go with an FE and then later get the EVGA AIO hybrid solution or wait on the custom cards. Also need to sell my 980ti!

Soldato
Wonder how much I'll get for my stock 980ti's?! I've had enough of SLI now so after 4 years I'm now going back to single GPU and the 1080ti seems like a good point in which to return.

Man of Honour
Right, so just a Ti and then whatever vendors release? I'm putting a block on it so I'll just get the cheapest reference card that will be for sale.

Sadly I'll be drunk in Dublin when pre-orders go up so I'll miss out initially.

Associate
does anyone know if you can use the FE backplate with an EK block? all the EK backplates are on preorders & I can't be bothered waiting around if the FE backplate is somehow able to fit

Associate
Chomping at the bit to go for a founders since so impatient. But the noise on my reference 980ti is definitely annoying. Guess will see what the reviews say tomorrow. I guess waiting a few weeks for something I will have for 18-24 months isn't too bad, just need that powaaahhhh!!!

Back
Top Bottom