• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

I can see why Nvidia rushed the 1080Ti out the door.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp...emerge_revealing_several_gpu_specifications/1

Vega could be faster? I hope we find out very soon. I wonder if Nvidia will have even a faster GPU in wait for Vega release? 11 series could come sooner then we think?
It doesn't really matter if Vega ends up a bit faster; very few will upgrade unless the upgrade yields more than a few fps. Nvidia had the cards ready and launched making whatever AMD has lined up with Vega moot (by the time Vega is released a lot of people will already have moved to GTX 1080s and 1080 Tis). So the high-end market has already been saturated by nvidia, but I'm guessing a lot of people with cards <= GTX 980Ti/1070 would love a GTX 1080 equivalent for around $300.

It doesn't really matter if Vega ends up a bit faster; very few will upgrade unless the upgrade yields more than a few fps. Nvidia had the cards ready and launched making whatever AMD has lined up with Vega moot (by the time Vega is released a lot of people will already have moved to GTX 1080s and 1080 Tis). So the high-end market has already been saturated by nvidia, but I'm guessing a lot of people with cards <= GTX 980Ti/1070 would love a GTX 1080 equivalent for around $300.

But you are forgetting DX12 will be better on Vega in 5 years time.

Could someone pass me my coat please.

If Vega is faster expect a Titan Black to come out and then a 1080Ti OC (as they are doing to the 1080 currently an OC version with better memory), i'm guessing they are doing that to cover their bases in case the 1080 is slower than Vega and if it is the 1080 OC may just be a bit faster and worst case scenario for Nvidia is the 1080 OC is still not faster and then to bring out a Titan Black full chip this time and a 1080Ti OC as they will call it to make sure they retain the title of fastest cards.

But what makes it better than Zotac or Inno3d, MSI etc?

Read up on ICX on the 1080 cards, all the features carry across, however for FTW3 EVGA have moved to a tri-fan design. :)

I personally suspect Zotac Extreme to be the absolute fastest out of the box card, the cooler they use is truly huge, a real 3 slot monster and uprated PWM/VRM. They also tend to OC the memory too unlike other board partners.
Where the FTW3 will excel is its feature set, sensors etc.

In short I believe EVGA FTW3 and Zotac Extreme will be the two best custom cards, they also have best warranties too.

As a group we have over 1000x FTW3 on order, a few hundred of the SC2 and a couple hundred of Black Edition from EVGA. We shall put live when EVGA give us the go ahead.

All Zotac cards ordered, but I also went big on both AMP and Extreme, few hundred of each as they always also a top seller.

Does anyone know when OCUK is expecting shipments of 1080Tis? Trying to decide if I should wait for an AIB or just buy from Nvidia. I'm putting the board under custom cooling anyways so the cooler doesn't make any difference to me...

Does anyone know when OCUK is expecting shipments of 1080Tis? Trying to decide if I should wait for an AIB or just buy from Nvidia. I'm putting the board under custom cooling anyways so the cooler doesn't make any difference to me...

Get from NVIDIA buddy, 3 year warranty, plus they have stock prio etc :)

Gotta admit im overly impressed with my 980ti amp extreme. 1550 on the core stable all day long. Only odd game that stresses it which keeps gpu usage at 80% plus will it throttle down one notch. But stays under 70 degrees and i can only just hear it. Beast of a card but when only going single card that dosnt bother me. If i go aib 1080ti i will be looking at the amp extreme again.

Read up on ICX on the 1080 cards, all the features carry across, however for FTW3 EVGA have moved to a tri-fan design. :)

I personally suspect Zotac Extreme to be the absolute fastest out of the box card, the cooler they use is truly huge, a real 3 slot monster and uprated PWM/VRM. They also tend to OC the memory too unlike other board partners.

In short I believe EVGA FTW3 and Zotac Extreme will be the two best custom cards, they also have best warranties too.

As a group we have over 1000x FTW3 on order, a few hundred of the SC2 and a couple hundred of Black Edition from EVGA. We shall put live when EVGA give us the go ahead.

All Zotac cards ordered, but I also went big on both AMP and Extreme, few hundred of each as they always also a top seller.

Thank you for the information!

I have a Zotac amp extreme on pre order from you guys, my 980ti is a Zotac amp extreme and it has been great, had to use a custom fan curve to keep the temps where I want though. Sounds like the Zotac is perfect for me as I do like to have the fastest out the box card. The LED on it though, is it full RGB or just yellow?

cool stuff. isnt msi also amongst the top sellers? i think their gaming x could sell well with good cooling/temps etc low noise fans and oc well, probably better than the evga cards. but we'll see :cool:

Back
Top Bottom