• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

No you did not.
What you saw was the turbo card with the wrong image, hence the free upgrade to those who purchased turbo cards whilst wrong image was advertised to the better gaming card.

Gibbo, does this mean we'll finally see a 1080 Turbo grace the OCUK selves ? :D
Maybe under an OCUK labs water block :)

i was thinking about getting 2x amp extreme`s 1080tis but im still trying to figure out that sli imho is dead lol
or wait until a single faster card comes out as my 2x980ti`s super clocked are doing me fine at the moment...

i was thinking about getting 2x amp extreme`s 1080tis but im still trying to figure out that sli imho is dead lol
or wait until a single faster card comes out as my 2x980ti`s super clocked are doing me fine at the moment...
Amp extremes are three slot cards u need to mske sure u can do sli on your board with that sorta spacing lol.

Read up on ICX on the 1080 cards, all the features carry across, however for FTW3 EVGA have moved to a tri-fan design. :)

I personally suspect Zotac Extreme to be the absolute fastest out of the box card, the cooler they use is truly huge, a real 3 slot monster and uprated PWM/VRM. They also tend to OC the memory too unlike other board partners.

Plus the extra 2 warranty you can apply for, Don't OCUK also deal with the warranty for the first three years of the Zotac cards, Is that right?

Last edited:
All Zotac cards ordered, but I also went big on both AMP and Extreme, few hundred of each as they always also a top seller.

Not sure if you've posted already mate, expecting these in April or we looking at Computex?

Are pre-orders cash on order or on shipping?

And any idea if EK have been given samples so blocks available when the cards are?

tbh after looking into the Amp Extreme im VEry very tempted to buy one... now. going to wait to see some stock Then decide.

I have a 1080 AMP Extreme, excellent card, my system fans are regularly louder than it.

Compared to the usual ti prices these are quite 'reasonable'.

With Brexit laying the smackdown on the pound I'm pleasantly surprised.

Amp extremes are three slot cards u need to mske sure u can do sli on your board with that sorta spacing lol.

WIll be waterblocking them ;)
thats even if there is waterblocks that are compatible lol

Im still on the fence though about sli :/ :/ really for more modern games my 980TI sli system is useless as i play most of the latest games with sli disabled as it just does not work properly.

Im still on the fence though about sli :/ :/ really for more modern games my 980TI sli system is useless as i play most of the latest games with sli disabled as it just does not work properly.
Erm only waterblocks i found was from alphacool. For 980 and 980ti amp extremes
Not dabbled in sli because of compatability issues and people complaining about sli not working howd they like. For me investing in a second card and not getting to use it odd time or to its full potential is enough to put me off.

Get one bro, you can always get another if you need/want :)

But do nvidia allow cooler removal? I am not sure if they do.
I've read around and it looks like as long as you replace the stock cooler you are all good.

Anyways I've already bitten the bullet and bought from nvidia. I really didn't fancy waiting around until late April/may to replace my Titan (somehow by selling it and buying the Ti plus Waterblock I'll be making £250). Can post here when the block is on with temps etc if ppl are interested.

Back
Top Bottom