• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Am I overly anal in not wanting an msi hybrid because they call it Sea Hawk??

I truly hate that name. Maybe it's water-based, I despise the Corsair sails logo too.

I saw that there was 1 Asus Founders edition "in stock" earlier today. I jumped at the opportunity and chose next day delivery (free). Ordered at 13:15 (Tuesday)

Order number 3244347

It's been stuck on (Edit) - "Order is in process" all day, I've not received a dispatch email but I have been charged.

Has it been shipped? I was expecting a tracking number of some sort.

Cheers

Just think of all that free money from interest they are getting off of you, and others....

hqdefault.jpg

"let the hatred flow through your veins"

:p

I was hoping to treat myself to a 1080Ti today (I'm 30 today) but can't see stock. Sure there is elsewhere at higher cost on a card that will have questionable warranty, but I'll prefer to wait to be safe.
I'm going to go for a FE card.

Still waiting for a reply, from experience I have 2 msi 290x's and I emailed them a couple of years ago about putting a waterblock them and they said it was fine as long as the was no damage to cooler or pcb with removal/fitting.

I was hoping you might of heard back from them by now. I've still not heard anything back from my enquiry. Seem very slow.

Are people buying FE's and leaving the stock cooler on or what? Or waiting for the custom cooled cards in April?

Was thinking of using a simple water setup for just the GPU but seems maybe too much hassle, and CBA mucking around leak testing etc.. Maybe better to wait for the ones with better coolers.

Are people buying FE's and leaving the stock cooler on or what? Or waiting for the custom cooled cards in April?

Was thinking of using a simple water setup for just the GPU but seems maybe too much hassle, and CBA mucking around leak testing etc.. Maybe better to wait for the ones with better coolers.

I don't really overclock all that much so that's why I opted to get an FE card.

Putting a waterblock on my FE. Even without overclocking, I want my boost to be good. (But I will most likely overclock when it's on water).

It seems to me that most people (though not all) who are buying FE editions are doing so because they plan to put the card under water. If you don't want to put it under water it seems the general consensus is to wait for the custom cards.

Personally I'm torn. I want to go water cooled, but the only experience I have is with an AIO on the CPU. By the time pay day rolls around I could get a FE with the intent of going water a month later, but by that point the custom cards will be pretty much here and it may be better to just get one of the hybrid cards instead.

Decisions decisions...

I'm putting a block on my FE card, not sure about overclocking, I usually just flash a SC BIOS or similar if I want to overclock. More time mucking about than gaming by OCing!

What supersampling setting was that at? can it do x2.0.

SMAA - x1.0
Chap tool - 1.2
HMD quality - 1.5 (moving this to 2.0 really drops frames down by 40%)
Shadows - medium
Other settings mainly - High

The main game 'feels' much better and my FPS counter says it all. The 2.3 beta is way better so canne wait for that to drop. Plus MultiCrew is epic

I'm sticking with the FE cooler. I find it does a pretty good job at stock and remains quiet during gaming.

However, if you need the extra 10% performance available through overclocking, for your gaming resolution/refresh rate, then you need to go custom.

Back
Top Bottom