• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

This to me is common sense and how all gpus warranties should be. Most gpus I have blocked have had a ton of paste and just repasting them with decent TIM at the right amount helps run cards cooler which is always better for the life of the gpu.

Asked if it could be quoted again on here, most people on this forum have done blocks many times before and dont think you'd put a scratch on their £500+ cards :D

wonder if they have had any RMA with missing screws or a waterblock still attached haha

Card + block / backplate will come in around £680, seahawk no doubt is closer to £850. Can you justify paying more for it being prefitted and a pretty dragon on the block?

Unless the FEs drop to about £650 on average when the preordering phase ends I think it will work out about similar,
seeing as the EK blocks with a backplate works out to about £130 and the MSI FE is about £720, you also don't have to worry about
breaking the thing when replacing the stock cooler. £850 doesn't seem too bad either considering the MSI Gaming X OC is £799

Thanks for the reply and private message, much appreciated. However I am going to return this card and buy another brand. Over 48 hours for me and longer for you to reply to a service ticket is not good practice and leaves me with little faith on their level of after care. Its my first time dealing with MSI but after this I cant see me going back.

you better off just returning it

even if they did respond one guy might say something that day but another guy might have a different opinion if you have to RMA it another day

i used to like MSI and Asus and always considered buying their products but now they are off the list due to those stickers

Well yesterday I was involved in an RTA, I'm a bit sore, crutches and a very aching body, but my solicitor who is a good friend is helping me out and with more than 1 witness about the other driver driving dangerously they're going to try their best I get at least £2000, with that money it's a holiday and a 1080 Ti for sure, so I'll be definitely getting one now! Shame I've had to go through the wars to get one but I'm sure when I'm clocking it up there seeing what it can do the pain will be gone :p

Well yesterday I was involved in an RTA, I'm a bit sore, crutches and a very aching body, but my solicitor who is a good friend is helping me out and with more than 1 witness about the other driver driving dangerously they're going to try their best I get at least £2000, with that money it's a holiday and a 1080 Ti for sure, so I'll be definitely getting one now! Shame I've had to go through the wars to get one but I'm sure when I'm clocking it up there seeing what it can do the pain will be gone :p

Insurance payouts etc are never quick to get resolved, you might be waiting a while sadly.

Im happy with myself looks like i am resisting temptation and holding out for a after market model, since i do not have WC loop it wouldn't be a smart buy in the long run :v

getting very impatient though its been tough :)

Last edited:
Amd are just a joke when it compares to gpus the last time they made me go wow was with r9 290 offering titan performance for £320? Now fury x was a fail as custom cooled 980 Tis were quiet yet far superior especially when overclocked both to the max and then came 10x series and now 1080 Ti is close to twice as fast as amds best

The problem with AMD is timing by the time AMD has VEGA it must be a super performer to compete with Nvidia´s top card and that will not probably happen, probably offering same level of performance at a better cost but Nvidia´s only has to slash prices by then and call it a day, until then always selling like hot cakes and gaining user base

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide which of the following 1080Ti to pre-order:
  • Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition" - £859.99
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC - £769.99
  • Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti AMP Extreme Spectre RGB - £809.99
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Armor OC - £749.99
  • Palit Geforce GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream - £779.99
  • Geforce GTX 1080Ti GameRock Premium - £779.99
I really can't decide which one to get, and would appreciate help in choosing :) I'm looking for good quality/reliable, quiet cooler, and good customer service in case something goes wrong.

Which one would you choose?

you better off just returning it

even if they did respond one guy might say something that day but another guy might have a different opinion if you have to RMA it another day

i used to like MSI and Asus and always considered buying their products but now they are off the list due to those stickers

Thats exactly what I did today and you are right its just not worth the risk. Oh well live and learn, I will avoid MSI next time around.

Gigabyte responded on here that officially they dont allow it but dont mind you removing the coolers, as long as it comes back without a scratch on the PCB/Cooler should be fine for RMA . was in their thread posted about how they cooled their cards in response to EVGA flame-a-thon

see if they'll clear it up on this thread...

This is correct. You can remove the cooler but if in the process you damaged the card and this was the cause of the RMA then the warranty will be voided.
If the failure is caused by something else we only need the card to be shipped with the original cooler and we will process as any other RMA.

Back
Top Bottom