• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Well reading benchmarks is one thing and then playing games at 4k comparing to my 980 Ti is another thing and I can honestly say my 1080 Ti at 2025mhz against my 1450mhz 980 Ti is close or can match double the performance whether synthetic benchmarks doesn't take advantage of the bandwidth or whatever but Dead rising 3 for instance was always 35-40fps at best 4k maxed out now I'm getting no less that 55 and normally always around low 70s, I think a fully fledged GP102 at 4k will be better than 2 x 980 Ti easily (y) a video on youtube from duderandom 84 had a 1080 Ti at stock beating 2 stock 980 Tis in witcher 3 4k maxed out

Well reading benchmarks is one thing and then playing games at 4k comparing to my 980 Ti is another thing and I can honestly say my 1080 Ti at 2025mhz against my 1450mhz 980 Ti is close or can match double the performance whether synthetic benchmarks doesn't take advantage of the bandwidth or whatever but Dead rising 3 for instance was always 35-40fps at best 4k maxed out now I'm getting no less that 55 and normally always around low 70s, I think a fully fledged GP102 at 4k will be better than 2 x 980 Ti easily (y) a video on youtube from duderandom 84 had a 1080 Ti at stock beating 2 stock 980 Tis in witcher 3 4k maxed out

it truly does sound like a beast.. imagine nvidia release ''Titan X pascal Black'' 16gb ram with full chip :eek:

I keep reading this 1080ti thread because im really close into getting tempted lol

saddest thing is the card would benefit my brother who actually games.. but sometimes that's that's just the way it is ;) :D

Anyone want or waiting for one of these ;)

its not kingpins fault but i am suspicious when voltages are hidden because its telling me the card he is using won't be available to actually buy and use as per screenshot. i feel it's done to avoid a class action from buyers who plug it in to find the results cannot be replicated.

if he has posted voltages of the card and they match with the card that evga actually sell then i will happily take back what i said.

it truly does sound like a beast.. imagine nvidia release ''Titan X pascal Black'' 16gb ram with full chip :eek:

I keep reading this 1080ti thread because im really close into getting tempted lol

saddest thing is the card would benefit my brother who actually games.. but sometimes that's that's just the way it is ;) :D
tbh mate I was telling myself no 980 Ti is enough and then I treated myself to dead rising 4 and I was pping into the high 20s maxed out at 4k in heavy zombie scenes and that day I went to a launch event for the Ti they had one evga model left in stock so I was sold as soon as I seen them in demo rigs and playing BF1 maxed at 3440x1440 at 100fps holding that frame rate as well -_- This will do me now till Volta Ti comes out :D

Bump on this question because i am an impatient git :p

Might be louder with 3 fans vs 2. 240 is more than enough in my opinion.

Mines currently on open air with a slim 240 rad. 900 rpm fans i get around 48 degrees max with 18-20 ambient temps in Heaven. Around 43 degrees when playing the Division. This was with a 150/500 OC btw.

Last edited:
tommy: never say never mate you appear to have the same amount of self control as gregster regarding gpu tech i.e none whatsoever :)

chaos: 45c under load with a mild OC. power limit will throttle the card well before temps mate so don't be surprised if your gpu clock is telling you 1898mhz when you bang it to 2100 in afterburner. this is especially visible in elite dangerous

tommy: never say never mate you appear to have the same amount of self control as gregster regarding gpu tech i.e none whatsoever :)

chaos: 45c under load with a mild OC. power limit will throttle the card well before temps mate so don't be surprised if your gpu clock is telling you 1898mhz when you bang it to 2100 in afterburner. this is especially visible in elite dangerous

anyone tried the shunt mod to try eliminate the power limit slightly?

True dat!!!

anyone tried the shunt mod to try eliminate the power limit slightly?

I am going to wait to see if an AIB BIOS will raise the limit first. to be fair as some of the FE card GPU phases come through the PCI-E slot you would not want to push it too hard as you could fry the card and your MB. I know peeps here are running shunted Titan X's without problem. It is not clear to me whether the extra throughput of the 11Gbps vram draws more current than the Titans.

In valley I can push +800 on the VRAM.

The big boy Ti cards (Strix OC, Zotac Extreme, HOF, Classy) should have all their GPU phases running from the 8+8 connector and just the vram phases through the PCI-E.

Thus, I am also waiting for the HOF as a hedge just incase this does not work, I will need a bitspower block for the HOF though so it could be June before I am up and running with that one.

I know it's maybe a stupid question unless you work for MSI or EVGA but does anyone have any idea how long it will take them to release the hybrid water cooler cards like the Seahawk?

Well I'll let you know in a few days. My first ti was sent back after fitting a waterblock due to no signal.
I never tested before fitting so am hoping they accept it.
If they don't then I'll just write it off to experience, if they replace it then bonus.

I've since ordered a second one & fitted the block & that is working fine.
Cheers, fingers crossed!

Just ordered my 1080Ti
updated review
https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2017/03/17/inno3d-geforce-gtx-1080-ti/1

Asked Gibbo about this
1) should be early April
2) i Should be in first batch only 8 preorders now including me
3) Final product should be quieter as their changing Fans
4) 3 yr warranty with ocuk

Overclocking they saw boost of 2008Mhz & 1200Mhz on Memory

its replacing my 1080 Founders edition, very nice boost for me!

Last edited:
its not kingpins fault but i am suspicious when voltages are hidden because its telling me the card he is using won't be available to actually buy and use as per screenshot. i feel it's done to avoid a class action from buyers who plug it in to find the results cannot be replicated.

if he has posted voltages of the card and they match with the card that evga actually sell then i will happily take back what i said.

Its under LN2, its heavily modified and voltage is way over standard voltage. Its not a Kingpin card that is ever going to be for sale. Its a standard FE card with loads of resistors and pots soldered onto it to ramp up the voltage. I suspect it will be between 1.3v and 1.5v if we every got to know. No aircooled or even water cooled card will ever be released with anything close to those volts.

Back
Top Bottom