• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
Is this an issue with all Sea hawks, I have pre ordered one, but never owned one before

Yeah I remember the 1080's having issues too, I think one guy sent his back a couple of times and they all had them. Might be worth doing a forum search. I certainly wouldn't touch one now tbh, I'd go with the eVGA or Giogabyte versions that have yet to come.

Associate
Is it that bad?

Is this an issue with all Sea hawks, I have pre ordered one, but never owned one before

This is the worst I've had on a gpu. Doesn't even have to be high fps, it's sitting in the witcher 3 on ultra at 70-80 fps screaming.

Someone posted a few pages back that they had one of these cards with no whine at all.

The evga 980 ti hybrid it replaced didn't have any.

Soldato
This is the worst I've had on a gpu. Doesn't even have to be high fps, it's sitting in the witcher 3 on ultra at 70-80 fps screaming.

Someone posted a few pages back that they had one of these cards with no whine at all.

The evga 980 ti hybrid it replaced didn't have any.

I think it's reference cards in general as a lot of users here including myself are having the same problem.

Soldato
more views on the Aorus Extreme

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_aorus_gtx_1080_ti_xtreme_gaming_review,40.html

seems 130-35% power limiter is sweet spot as full 150% increase VRM heat possibly . Know the cooling can handle it, and even with 4 year warranty, would just increase the card life span a bit.

funny thing is , heard Gigabyte had to lower the TDP a little bit as it did draw a lot more voltage . Wonder if they'll ever release that as a beta bios to raise it back up

Soldato
OP
STRIX OC, Some electrical noise depending on FPS or load, not to intrusive or load but you can "feel it" if you pay attention, without G-sync WITH G-Sync enabled this keeps the FPS STABLE enough for some games or older games having crazy FPS LIKE 400FPS ....SOME extra electrical noise is generated
2065 max clock

11900 memory

stable , 67c open case

rRU8jce.jpg

48pWd7e.png

Do you not think that a 1080Ti is wasted on such a small screen like the 1080 size you have in your Heaven benchmark? Is that the res you play in? 1080p?

Back
Top Bottom