• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
So glad I went for the Aorus, better than the Strix according to the review and sitting in my PC now unlike the Strix :D

Ahem sorry!
I must admit I am tempted to switch from the strix to the aorus.

It looks like Asus are being a***holes about getting the strix out to the resellers again like they did with the 1080. A competitors website said ETA the 10th a few days ago and now it says the 15th. What the hell is going on with supplying these cards. I had to wait 4 months for my 1080 and not it's been almost a month for the TI. I've actually spent more time waiting for a card than actually using it over the last year! If they are not going to be in stock for so long why let people pre order so early

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Associate
Hmmm... the Strix seems a tad quieter. I actually jumped ship for this gen from a loyal Asus consumer to Zotac hoping for better acoustics, lol.

Nothing in it mate, in fact it could just be that it's spinning faster, it actually even states that, temps 69c load, I'll take that over the crappy reference cards, I'm hoping it doesn't turn up Thursday 13th or it's going to be tue at the earliest in our hands lol

Associate
Hey guys I been having this dilemia for the past week, wanting to buy 1080TI, I have chosen ZOTAC AMP EXTREME as it looks to have best cooling capabilites, but I have also seen this MSI Sea Hawk X.
Now the question is , which one is going to be better? I dont mind spending extra £80 if its really worth it.

Associate
Whats the difference between the Asus 1080 Ti ROG Strix and the Asus 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC - aside from the obvious slight overclock ? - is it the same cooler?

Back
Top Bottom