• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Guy's I don't know how your all getting on with the mem overclocks on these things but I've had to drop from +300 to +200 now, default ram clocks was 1400 most I can go 1450 x 4 which is giving me 5800mhz as reported by afterburner statistics server, what you might think is stable on the ram overclocks basically isn't, there's a scene on COD infinite warfare just before launching the jackal in the outdoor scene and there's slight flickering, yet in other games everything looks normal, bottom line now at max +200 in afterburner, no wonder some manufactures didn't overclock the ram much, what you think is flicker free and stable is NOT, it's micron mem on my amp extreme by the way.

Associate
The eVGA people maybe? :D :p

Poor *******s :(

Yeah, that's me. Was counting down on that Friday when OCUK pre-orders were supposed to go live and with that debacle, I ended up pre-ordering with EVGA on the day they were available...got a great price but a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience when OCUK pre-orders went live so much later and at a HIGHER price that EVGA said...think it will be my last time ordering EVGA when they treat OCUK customers like that...especially seeing how everyone else got their cards from OCUK so much earlier...should have ordered an ASUS Strix card when they were launched...kicking myself now and waiting nearly a month longer...funny when you try to show some loyalty to a brand how you end up getting screwed...

Soldato
See, this worries me.
But Gigabyte do have UK based RMA...

And reps on here :)

Must say though got my XTR 580 and that has been designed to fat for no reason, TI's and 1080s you can understand it .
Least it's kept to 300mm in length to avoid sag you see in the Amp cards, guessing the stacked fans pay off in this regards, still would be great if all vendors so what HOF cards do with a GPU support

Associate
Looks like Zotac have released another AMP Extreme version for £50 cheaper, with marginally lower stock clocks (-38MHz). Are they having trouble with yields?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67224
A trouble with yields? I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my 2x 1080 Ti AMP extreme to come in and accordingly to OC I'm one of the first to get mine once they get new stock. Customer support mentioned over 70 pre-orders are waiting to receive their Zotac AMP Extreme GPU's. Maybe Zotac should start filling their orders before releasing more cards. I'm running out of patience with no ETA and I'm considering canceling my order altogether.

Associate
A trouble with yields? I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my 2x 1080 Ti AMP extreme to come in and accordingly to OC I'm one of the first to get mine once they get new stock. Customer support mentioned over 70 pre-orders are waiting to receive their Zotac AMP Extreme GPU's. Maybe Zotac should start filling their orders before releasing more cards. I'm running out of patience with no ETA and I'm considering canceling my order altogether.

In the same situation as you, albeit from a competitor so it's not an OC problem. The delivery day has moved to mid May, I'm waiting for one of my other choices to be in stock to cancel.

Associate
In the same situation as you, albeit from a competitor so it's not an OC problem. The delivery day has moved to mid May, I'm waiting for one of my other choices to be in stock to cancel.
I'm sticking with my OC pre-order as none of the other suppliers seem to have any in stock neither, but at least they seem to offer some sort of ETA. (mid-May ETA is better than no ETA.)
However, as more reviews on competing cards are being released and some seem very positive I might just cancel to re-order and go for a secondary choice.
What other choices are you considering?

Associate
I'm sticking with my OC pre-order as none of the other suppliers seem to have any in stock neither, but at least they seem to offer some sort of ETA. (mid-May ETA is better than no ETA.)
However, as more reviews on competing cards are being released and some seem very positive I might just cancel to re-order and go for a secondary choice.

I'm waiting for an Extreme from OCUK too. Gibbo said 20 more are coming this week to cover all preorders:

Also 20 AMP Extreme due Tuesday / Wednesday next week which will clear all remaining backorders!

Associate
Ok, I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme instead of the MSI Seahawk X as recommended. Unfortunately my card has coil whine, but even worse, running the card in OC mode using Gigabyte's software, Unigine Heaven crashes every time. So I guess I'll be heading back to the post office with this one.

Associate
Ok, I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme instead of the MSI Seahawk X as recommended. Unfortunately my card has coil whine, but even worse, running the card in OC mode using Gigabyte's software, Unigine Heaven crashes every time. So I guess I'll be heading back to the post office with this one.
Seen multiple reviews reporting coil whine on the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme seems to be a common issue with this card hence why I'm staying away from it all together and sticking with my Zotac AMP Extreme pre-order.

Permabanned

Don't use OC mode, it boosts high enough on it's own using GPU boost 3. for coil whine, which motherboard and PSU are you using?

No coil whine here or on my other 2 cards so I suspect something else causing the whine.

Associate

The Gaming X or the Aorus Xtreme, both seem like quality products.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Update:
Zotac Extreme: 20 landed today, all shipping today, none left spare and I think there is now only 1 back order left. Zotac have admitted yield is poor due to their super fast clocks, as such there is now a "Extreme Core" version, slightly downclocked, still silly quick which is due in a week or two in better volume.
MSI Aero: In stock
MSI Armor: In stock
Asus Strix OC: 20pc due in tomorrow, half are pre-sold.
Aorus: 20 due late this week, some spare.

That is it, Asus have being the no.1 with shipping volume as we've now deliver over 200 Strix OC to customers which is far better than any other board partner has achieve and Gigabyte are 2nd with over 100 Aorus now shipped to our customers. :)

Back
Top Bottom