• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
I can't find any reviews for the EVGA card though and I won't be water cooling. Is it that much better than the Zotac?

Since Vega is not a choice anymore I'm going to order a 1080Ti today but would like some more opinions on:

EVGA 1080Ti SC Black Edition GAMING ICX for £690

Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Core Spectre RGB for £710

Resale value is important too. But they're both good brands. Zotac has 5 years warranty but the EVGA can have 5 years warranty too which will make it the same price as the Zotac.

All the reviews for the Zotac are extremely positive and a lot of reviewers say it's one of the best 1080Ti's.

But I'd definitely prefer some more opinions as dropping £700 on a graphics card is a lot of money!

Be careful with that, the zotac warranty isnt transferable to 2nd hand buyers at all and the evga i think the extended warranty isnt, just the normal bit, worth checking anyway

Associate
Be careful with that, the zotac warranty isnt transferable to 2nd hand buyers at all and the evga i think the extended warranty isnt, just the normal bit, worth checking anyway

Hmm..did not know that. I ordered the Zotac Extreme this morning aswell..

This shouldn't make a big difference anyway right? I should be able to sell it in 2 years

V F

V F

Soldato
I had been wondering about registering for the £20 extended warranty to take it up to 5 years. Sure £20 is nothing but is it really needed? Is 3 years a long enough warranty for a card?

Soldato
I had been wondering about registering for the £20 extended warranty to take it up to 5 years. Sure £20 is nothing but is it really needed? Is 3 years a long enough warranty for a card?

i think if you are honest with yourself you are going to upgrade within 3 years and the next owner only gets the 3 year bit, not the extended bit iirc (I think it is even 3 years from manufacture as well, not 3 years from purchase as they don't even ask for the invoice from 2nd users)

Associate
I'm no longer waiting to see what VEGA brings after yesterday's event. So I'm looking to buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC2 HYBRID or Asus ROG Strix OC at the weekend. Is there anything to worry about with Hybrid cards like pump noise or such?

Associate
I'm no longer waiting to see what VEGA brings after yesterday's event. So I'm looking to buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC2 HYBRID or Asus ROG Strix OC at the weekend. Is there anything to worry about with Hybrid cards like pump noise or such?
I dislike the hybrid cards as none of the pumps are PWM meaning they run at 100% all the time and that's too loud for me.

Soldato

giphy.gif

Damn that's one nice looking card!

Any release date yet? :p

Soldato
Now that's what I've been waiting for - MSI sure took their time, but the Lightning is sure worth waiting for :D

+1, what i'm waiting for if the price is right.

Love my GX but changing my build theme/colors soon to silver/black. So the red/black wont really go any more. Depending on the price of the new asus 21:9 200hz will be dependent of whether I will be keeping the Ti until next gen Ti. As its plenty enough for my liking at 3440x1440 100hz.

Back
Top Bottom