• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Nvidia job posting reveals GTX 1080 Ti, premium 'Club GeForce Elite' subscription

Between the introduction of the Shield lineup, GeForce Experience 3.0’s mandatory registration, and the arrival of GeForce Now’s cloud-based PC game streaming, it’s clear that Nvidia’s been striving to position itself as a one-stop gaming ecosystem for PC gamers, rather than a mere purveyor of graphics cards. Now, what appears to be an accidental TMI outburst at the end of a recent Nvidia job posting pulls back the curtain on exactly how the company’s approaching “gamer loyalty”—and hints at unannounced GeForce products that may be on the horizon, including a premium GeForce Experience membership and the hotly anticipated GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

Most Nvidia job postings end with the phrase “We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.” But the posting for a Senior Marketing Manager – GeForce, Gamer Loyalty & Advocacy position on LinkedIn includes a long extra section below that blurb on how Nvidia views the GeForce Experience program, as well as a schedule for GFE giveaways and the aforementioned teases for new products.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3151...-premium-club-geforce-elite-subscription.html

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/220941257

How are they going to magic this faster card? The 1080ti are just failed titan chips after all.
You're making the presumption that the 1080ti (if it does release) will be cut down even further than the Pascal Titan which is an already cut down chip. If AMD release a fast enough Vega they may be forced to do another 7 series move and release a full chip 1080ti and a full chip Titan Pascal Black. Or even do a Pascal refresh 1100 series release where the refreshed Titan Pascal and 1180ti are full chips. At this point we just don't know so presuming to know what will happen is a fools game. There may never be a 1080ti.

You're making the presumption that the 1080ti (if it does release) will be cut down even further than the Pascal Titan which is an already cut down chip. If AMD release a fast enough Vega they may be forced to do another 7 series move and release a full chip 1080ti and a full chip Titan Pascal Black. Or even do a Pascal refresh 1100 series release where the refreshed Titan Pascal and 1180ti are full chips. At this point we just don't know so presuming to know what will happen is a fools game. There may never be a 1080ti.

It's been confirmed by Nvidia. :confused:

Well before you know it you be forced to have to install gfe ( or the card won't work ) and pay £10 a month just to use the card you paid £300 to £1200 for.

I can only just be bothered to register for free accounts so i certainly won't be paying a penny for this now or ever.

“980 Ti users get first spot in line for 1080 Ti pre-orders"
As a previous 980 ti owner, and a current 1070 owner, this is a kick in the balls but I wouldn't have an nvidia 'founders' version so i assume us non 980 ti owners can buy 3rd party solutions as a standard pre-order.

How are they going to magic this faster card? The 1080ti are just failed titan chips after all.

No, the Titan X Pascal is a cut down of failed Quadros.....

It's been confirmed by Nvidia. :confused:

Where is the original Post? Because wccftech is not what I call a trustworthy site. And it's post is recycled around other media also, while he doesn't point to the Nvidia confirmation, only mentioned a link at LinkedIn.

I can mention a similar post at LinkenIn, where Nvidia claims that the 1080Ti doesn't exist.....

Verify now both the posts....

Well before you know it you be forced to have to install gfe ( or the card won't work ) and pay £10 a month just to use the card you paid £300 to £1200 for.

I can only just be bothered to register for free accounts so i certainly won't be paying a penny for this now or ever.

There's absolutely no evidence of this and I'm confident that will never happen (forced to pay)

Nice to see Nvidia know their market well (the Ti owners that won't buy a 1080 or Tx) and are also willing to tempt current Ti owners over with a special offer and an early offer too by the sounds of it (before general release). I do wonder though if it'll mean the special offer will only apply cards bought via them and therefore FE only? I know many prefer their aftermarket air coolers.

How about a decent discount for TXP owners who wouldn't mind a second one? :D

Last edited:
Actually I believe Nvidia can spin the following, and people bite it...

The 1080Ti been a 1080, without the voltage limitations, clocking 2500-2700 and have HBM memory at best...

NVidia has managed to escape bigger scams over the years...

That would be more expensive to produce than the Titan-x. You can rule out anything that costs Nvidia more money without jacking the prices up.

Actually I believe Nvidia can spin the following, and people bite it...

The 1080Ti been a 1080, without the voltage limitations, clocking 2500-2700 and have HBM memory at best...

NVidia has managed to escape bigger scams over the years...

I can't see it happening - at ~300mm2 2100MHz is pretty ambitious - I mean seriously nVidia lucked out that it works ostensibly around 1.8-1.9GHz was the envisaged max at that size - and while there is a little more voltage to play with likewise not a lot of headroom before reaching the levels where it will become a problem for long term operation due to stuff like electromigration - FinFETs are quite susceptible to it due to the thin oxide layer and infact TSMC's 16nm FF was designed to operate normally at as low voltage as possible partly to move as far from that problem as possible. They would need to extensively hand pick cores to get anything like that and a huge risk of a high level of premature failure in every day operation.

Your post seems to be a bit of the wishful thinking of those who think that the next GPU will just be double everything.

108ti will happily do some games at 4K 60 ultra, even my 1080 does but I agree that it's not the magic 4K card that we are after. I also agree that the 1080ti won't be better than a titan, may match in some scenarios

Back
Top Bottom