• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
Show me on the doll where you were touched

The code on the GeForce site has 1080ti all over it

It's a very fair offer actually considering an EVGA classified 1080 went for that price which is a more expensive card, you'll be seeing plenty of 450 quid 1080's for sale soon enough ;)

Associate
It's always the same - new comes out and old falls in value (with very few exceptions, and I don't think a 1080 is an exception)

i can't wait to see what is announced and how much it will be - whatever it is.

Associate
Bought the 980TI when it came out for £620. It's a shame this 1080TI will be a lot more :(

It was a nice experience having the fastest graphics card at the time though!

Looking forward to seeing the benchmarks for the water cooled version.

Soldato
Bought the 980TI when it came out for £620. It's a shame this 1080TI will be a lot more :(

It was a nice experience having the fastest graphics card at the time though!

Looking forward to seeing the benchmarks for the water cooled version.

That must've been a special 980Ti as well, I bought mine from OCUK in June 2015 (release month) for £499.99

xwy1HpL.png

Soldato
g1 for £620 in july, maybe you are looking at the sub total? edit - nope, i was wrong!

Anyway, hopefully we won't be bent over too much on this, it needs to beat the titan comfortably for me to consider it an option otherwise i'll hold onto the 980ti for a while longer until something better comes along.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Show me on the doll where you were touched

The code on the GeForce site has 1080ti all over it

It's a very fair offer actually considering an EVGA classified 1080 went for that price which is a more expensive card, you'll be seeing plenty of 450 quid 1080's for sale soon enough ;)

The code on the site means Jack.

Fact is the 1080ti does not exist in the market yet, No one knows its cost or anything.

There has been no 1080ti announcement.

You are basing your offer on conjecture...

Soldato
OP
The code on the site means Jack.

Fact is the 1080ti does not exist in the market yet, No one knows its cost or anything.

There has been no 1080ti announcement.

You are basing your offer on conjecture...

You have to admit Easy that it's definitely pointing to a 1080Ti launch? Even the most hardened AMD fanboy or anti-Nvidia person would say that it's looking like another card is being announced, just in time to take shine off AMD's Ryzen launch. Anything to knock AMD, is what Nvidia marketing departments do (even if Ryzen is CPU related and 1080Ti is GPU). I can see this as a definite 1080Ti launch.

Associate
You have to admit Easy that it's definitely pointing to a 1080Ti launch? Even the most hardened AMD fanboy or anti-Nvidia person would say that it's looking like another card is being announced, just in time to take shine off AMD's Ryzen launch. Anything to knock AMD, is what Nvidia marketing departments do (even if Ryzen is CPU related and 1080Ti is GPU). I can see this as a definite 1080Ti launch.

well, AMD does the same thing so can't really blame them. Two can play this game just fine :)

and yeah, it definitely looks like a 1080TI launch ...

Caporegime
It is so bloody obvious that it is a 1080Ti and I can't see how anyone can argue against it.

We all thought it was a 1080ti launch last time....

Even if it is...Its going to be expensive....So what if the 1080ti comes out...Do you really think the 1080 retail will drop to sub £500?

Not going to happen...

Everyone is basing the 980 ti release effected 980 pricing etc...

Fact is the 980ti had 6GB ram so it was a different beast and cutting edge at the time....

the 1080 has 8gb of GDDRX so a ti will either have to have HBM or 12GB to make it a worthy buy ..

It can't be to close to 1080 pricing....

The 1080 cant drop too much as that will effect 1070 sales...

The 1080 can't be getting the chop as loads of new cards have just hit the market....

I'll sell my 1080 if the 1080ti is £700 but I just can't see it being that price....

Caporegime
I can't see me jumping in truth but if it does give a decent boost over my 1080 and at a fair (ish) price, I might.... Missing out on the TXP was hard but doable and if this Ti performs around the TXP performance, nothing really tempting me there.

Soldato
im vert tempted on the 1080Ti (have a 1080 currently) 1080 just cant cut it fully at 3440x1400, plus i could get a non Founders edition = even bigger boost over my 1080 & quieter. IM sure i can flog my 1080 cheap.

i sold my last 980s for £150 each bargin prices to mates they love them :)

Back
Top Bottom